The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hey! The Swedes Stole Our Foam Finger Idea!

I'm watching Minne Tilde go--NICE horse, one little blup. and only one eye, too! She road my mare's dad in the Olympics and I got to talk to her about him.

But I notice after her ride a picture of Swedes in the stands with yellow and blue foam fingers. Hey! They stole our idea! I did NOT see any video of red foam fingers after Jan. What's going on peeps at the Olympics? Where are the Colbert red foam fingers? You letting the Swedes steal our thunder?

OK. NO one is commenting on this. It's important! I just saw DOn Aurelio (or something) go today and I saw yellow and blue foam fingers again! It says something like "heja" on them.

The Swedes are taking the foam finger fad seriously. I don't see American red foam fingers! SUCH an opportunity lost!

Default I thought the same thing!

I looked up Heja - it means "come on!" as in your are cheering someone on. I didn't see any red foam fingers. I thought it would be cute to see some around the arena.

Thank you for getting in on this! Why don't WE (the US) have foam fingers? Huh? I mean, I think WE (as in COlbert and COTH) started it, and should represent at the Olympics! I would imagine the NBC cameras would be looking for them, but no evidence! What a loss! And if they had beer can hats, oh, can you imagine the press!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSnIk...ature=youtu.be

We need more of THIS! Where are all of the red foam fingers in the streets? In the stands? I LOVE the suit.

I think most Olympic volunteers giving directions are armed with foam fingers.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Really? Red ones with dressage, or general? I tried googling pictures, but couldn't find any. Anyone have any foam finger pictures at the Olympics?

That's great! Thank you! Still looking for those dressage #1's.

I'm watching the dressage on replay so I myself am on delay but HEY, you're right! Those Swedes. But hey, they gave us ABBA so I can't be too mad at their inventive thinking.

But what a travesty!

Is that Anne G. lingering in the box with the american riders? Where's your foam finger, Anne? Your bud light lime?
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Hey, there are a bunch of red foam fingers at the Olympics! Pic here

The problem is that ppl are giving them mostly to their kids...and they are not waving them after rides - so you don't see them on TV.

London 2012 volunteers also have foam fingers (pink with London 2012 written on them). There are tons of volunteers from the train station to Greenwich Park (about 10 min walk), and they use the foam fingers to show the way. Pretty neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSnIk...ature=youtu.be

We need more of THIS! Where are all of the red foam fingers in the streets? In the stands? I LOVE the suit.
    That was hilarious!
    --o0o--

OK, so the foam fingers are out there. Is ANYONE who was watching Colbert actually at the Olympics? I mean, it would be fine for jumpers, too. HOw do we get people there to actually show foam finger pride for the US. COme on. Man, don't let the Swedes out do us. Whoot, whoot!