The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not to add fuel to the fire-but I found this link.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/6777/NY/US/

Smile "You can't believe most of what you hear (read) and only half of what yo see"

I do know Ms Bruno, well and after the Colby accident. I was a barn manager at the time in Dutchess County and had her horse Gus in my care. Ms Bruno tells a different story and I believe her. The farm Colby was housed at was deficient in structure for horses. Colby could be a problem child and had a tantrum rearing repeatedly slamming into the low ceilings and beams of the barn and Ms Bruno into shear panic. No one would have perused this thus far if she were guilty of any ill intentions. And I am glad she will finally have Colby back. I have not seen Niki since 2007 and I hope she is doing great. She suffered too,

Unwritten BB Rule #1: never bring a controversial dead thread back to life. Especially if you're trying to help one of the controversial parties.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

8 members found this post helpful.

Dang!! I am out of popcorn, can you all hold on til I get back from the store?

Well I for sure would make sure I told a different version of the story to someone who wasn't present at the time of the incident. You say you met her after the incident. Apparently there were 3 witnesses. I guess they all lied. I deal with problem horses from time to time from clients. They don't get beat for temper tantrums I can assure you. I can also tell you I accidentally smacked my own head with just a snap from a rope the other day. I still have a lump. I can only imagine what that poor horse felt. I also know someone who puts quite a different spin on things they have done in the past to get away from what they did to a horse and I'm sure several others. So I do not believe your events and hope to heck she does not get her horse back.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh and to elaborate on how I "snapped" myself in the head in case it gets interpreted wrong. I take my horses in and out mostly with just a rope around the neck. I misjudged badly when taking it off, had my feet stuck in the mud and could not get away.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

1 members found this post helpful.

Reviving this old thread?

Choo choooooo
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

3 members found this post helpful.

...and time after time, these threads are revived by a person who is new to the board - strange?
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

"Colby could be a problem child and had a tantrum rearing repeatedly ..." Horses are not children and do not have tantrums, and never rear into a ceiling more than once unless they are trying to get away from a person.
    I.D.E.A. yoda

6 members found this post helpful.

Whoever you are, I hope this gets shut down.

However if the horse is again in the care and control of the original alleged malefactor, I hope everyone around is aware of it. I hope they keep an eye on this person and this or any other animal.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    Unwritten BB Rule #1: never bring a controversial dead thread back to life. Especially if you're trying to help one of the controversial parties.
    Ooh! Was this the thread that had the malicious dervish fishes? I still laugh about that.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    Dang!! I am out of popcorn, can you all hold on til I get back from the store?
    I didn't want to miss anything so I just subbed pretzels...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie63 View Post
    I do know Ms Bruno, well and after the Colby accident. I was a barn manager at the time in Dutchess County and had her horse Gus in my care. Ms Bruno tells a different story and I believe her. The farm Colby was housed at was deficient in structure for horses. Colby could be a problem child and had a tantrum rearing repeati don'ted ily slamming into the low ceilings and beams of the barn and Ms Bruno into shear panic. No one would have perused this thus far if she were guilty of any ill intentions. And I am glad she will finally have Colby back. I have not seen Niki since 2007 and I hope she is doing great. She suffered too,
    i do not know you and i do not know the case but horses do not have temper tantrums or repeatedly slam their heads into the same object. Your story sounds like pure BS To me, whatever the real facts were

Wait! Maybe Colby is related to that TB in Houston who beat himself against the tree until he died. you know, that one that Alissa Grainger what's her name beat.

Perhaps it's a genetic defect!

(Sorry, couldn't resist...the whole "the horse did it to himself" thing was just too reminiscent of that freight train. Perhaps the house guests will begin arriving soon)
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Malefactors? Like in the Malleus Maleficarum??!! Whoooooo!

Up there with the 18 heads in a bag at the airport.

Not only do I hope she never gets him back, I hope she gets banned from owning any animals ever again. Sick, sick person.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

If anyone else on here Reddits, maybe this is related to Colby the dog??.......

Quote Originally Posted by Annie63 View Post
    I do know Ms Bruno, well and after the Colby accident. I was a barn manager at the time in Dutchess County and had her horse Gus in my care. Ms Bruno tells a different story and I believe her. The farm Colby was housed at was deficient in structure for horses. Colby could be a problem child and had a tantrum rearing repeatedly slamming into the low ceilings and beams of the barn and Ms Bruno into shear panic. No one would have perused this thus far if she were guilty of any ill intentions. And I am glad she will finally have Colby back. I have not seen Niki since 2007 and I hope she is doing great. She suffered too,
    For posterity. And also, What?

"No one would have perused this thus far if she were guilty of any ill intentions?"

Also, your explanation for the cause of Bruno's using the chain on her horse's face doesn't make sense.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I've perused it this far.

I don't think that's what they meant though ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    ...and time after time, these threads are revived by a person who is new to the board - strange?
    Not strange. Threads come up via Google searches of an individual's name. Someone wants to make a comment and joins COTH. Isn't aware that the thread has been in the deep freeze.