The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Well, she DID a halt and a salute. Go back and look back at the tape.At 1:49:21 on the NBC replay it's a wide shot with Salinero clearly doing a lovely, still square halt, and then a quick cut to the top of her chest and face where she does put her hand up first, but then drops it and bows at 1:49.23. The problem is they way they keep cutting the cameras back and forth.

She's had some issues with THIS horse on the last halt. She's had other horses and it's not been an issue, so calling her "famous" for not saluting and halting is no fair.

She does not want the extended walk out. Bonfire had a horrible extended walk and did not improve no matter what they did so she didn't like it for HIM. Salinero has a lovely extended walk. By the way, if you've ever ridden the GP test, the extended walk is usually one of the easiest moves because the horses are so glad to stretch and take a break. It's the keeping the collected walk together before the passage that is the hard one because it's hard to keep the horse from anticipating.

I did not say there wasn't a halt. I did see that. I was floored by the earlier halt/rein back ... She needs those marks now with the older Salinero vs. the younger horse that didn't need them! I did not see the salute, but I'll go back and watch the replay tomorrow. I watched both the NBC "TV" version and replay of the live feed, but agree that the change of camera angles may have cut some part...like I said, maybe I blinked.

Morning! Go Tina! 70.456.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Well I downloaded ExPat and got it all ready last night, but this AM, NO SOUND.

GRRRR....at least I can hear hoofbeats and the announcer on NBC.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.