The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Riders' mugshots (fun thread)

So who was the official photographer for all the official photos of the riders on the London Olympics site? Was it mandatory that they should be photographed as soon as they stepped off the plane/boat/lorry in whatever state of jet-lag they were in?

The individual medallists have a trace of a smile, but others look like they belong in a line-up.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

It looked to me like they used their FEI stabling pass photos. While it is nice to see the pictures to go with the name, I wish they would have either asked them to submit a picture for this purpose or to have told them what it was being used for besides the FEI passes.

Most of them I am sure have PR photos from their respective countries that had already been taken prior to the games.

Wow! Reminds me of our yearly faculty ID pictures (that we wear everyday)--taken on the first day of the year, which is a MONDAY at 7:00 am. Yuck.
    "And now . . .off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums."

Quote Originally Posted by Molly99 View Post
    It looked to me like they used their FEI stabling pass photos. While it is nice to see the pictures to go with the name, I wish they would have either asked them to submit a picture for this purpose or to have told them what it was being used for besides the FEI passes.

Most of them I am sure have PR photos from their respective countries that had already been taken prior to the games.
    I think it's actually just their general Olympic pass photos, as I've seen other athletes with similar shots. Regardless, they certainly aren't flattering! They sort of remind me of passport photos, how they tell you not to smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffie View Post
    Wow! Reminds me of our yearly faculty ID pictures (that we wear everyday)--taken on the first day of the year, which is a MONDAY at 7:00 am. Yuck.
    LOL. I look like a drug addict in my photo on my employee security id. Really looks like I need a stay at Celebrity Rehab.

Must have been the same photog who took the rider's photos....
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Speaking of photos, here's a fine one of Edward Gal at the jog today
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-olympic-games

He's wearing a little bit of everything !
    -Amor vincit omnia-

There was one I saw earlier, I forget who, but his hair was sticking out every which way.

Quote Originally Posted by JFJ View Post
    There was one I saw earlier, I forget who, but his hair was sticking out every which way.
    There's a couple like that, Jon Paget springs to mind, where it looks like they had just taken their helmets off when the pictures were taken.
    There's definitely a few in there that look like they just got picked up and booked for selling meth.
    Ingrid Klimke looks like a deer in the headlights, like she was ambushed.

Jon Paget, that was the one, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Speaking of photos, here's a fine one of Edward Gal at the jog today
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-olympic-games

He's wearing a little bit of everything !
    Oh. My. Those pants are bright.

Dirk Schrade and Will Coleman's pictures look like they're straight out of a junior high yearbook.
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

I'm so glad you brought this up because I, too, was cracking up at those horrible photos! Not the look I would want splashed 'round the world... My employee ID photo is pretty crap, too - I'm just glad it's only about 1" square, so anybody who's not looking hard is going to miss the awesomeness.

Re: Mr. Gal's attire: Honey, we know your deal. I don't see the need to make horse sports, particularly dressage, look any more foo-foo than they already seem right now... Hope Steven Colbert isn't perusing the EuroDressage website!

Quote Originally Posted by FrittSkritt View Post
    Dirk Schrade and Will Coleman's pictures look like they're straight out of a junior high yearbook.
    OMG, yes! That CAN'T be a current photo of Will C! Looks like he should be swotting for his O levels or something.

In that jog photo, Mr. Gal's tie clashes with his pants.

They all look a little...mugshot-esque, I'll agree with that! Except for Boyd.... Boyd always looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Nina Ligon's made me laugh as well. Looks like a college co-ed who just got busted for something, not an Olympian!

All the athlete shots are just terrible. I mean, even the gymnasts just look like they got off the redeye.

I'd have thought that if they were planning on putting those shots with all their results, they've have had some kind of planned session to get decent shots, not those horrible mugshot/passport photos!

My favourite is the Belarus equestrienne Alena Tseliapushkina.
    She looks like a captain of young pioneers of the faded Sovietunion. Frozen in the 80´s of the past century. I think she rides as she looks. Once more she part company, kissing the grassland.

Having a horse that was in consideration for the Canadian Show Jumping team, I can tell you that they are 'passport' photos. As an owner, I had to fill in the same paperwork as the competitors. There were certain requirements stipulated - the no smile rule being one of them...
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/attach...1&d=1343918227

Get a load of this swimmer. A real natural, from Labrador I believe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnderWater-Dog-400-600.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	36330