The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NoCo CL Heartbreaker

**Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Wow! Wish she was closer

That's in my neck of the woods but as a grad student my funds are rather limited. I'll talk to the few people I know in the area though. Fortunately, with CSU's amazing vet school nearby, and such a horse-friendly local population, her prospects aren't as grim as they could be.

A friend of mine is looking to place this mare, too, and has been posting about her on her facebook feed. She's got one or two people interested, I think. The horse has grey horse melanomas, which are not usually cancerous.

She is definitely a good looking mare! If I were in a different financial situation I would take her and rehome her in a heartbeat
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    A friend of mine is looking to place this mare, too, and has been posting about her on her facebook feed. She's got one or two people interested, I think. The horse has grey horse melanomas, which are not usually cancerous.
    Yes, but when they're around the rectum they cause all sorts of issues. I have known two horses with melanomas there and both recently had to be put down due to complications.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

I had one with them in that place for years and had no problems with them----I am talking 12+ yrs---lost her to colic

My horses, Cloudy and Hattie, are in for 50$ to either rehome or euth the mare. If anyone gets her, let them know that and PM me. (I'm still boycotting joining FB)

Is her tail short because she has a melanoma on it or are those people breeding her?

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    Yes, but when they're around the rectum they cause all sorts of issues. I have known two horses with melanomas there and both recently had to be put down due to complications.
    They can cause issues, but they do not always cause issues, and cimetidine or the melanoma vaccine can be useful in reducing the size or growth.

I've known a handful of greys that had melanoma in various places and all lived long, useful lives, and died of other things.

They can cause issues, but they do not always cause issues, and cimetidine or the melanoma vaccine can be useful in reducing the size or growth.

I've known a handful of greys that had melanoma in various places and all lived long, useful lives, and died of other things.
    Depends on location. Ex-BO's mare with anal melanomas lived to be 29 yoa, and died in my arms of other illness. A cother's mid-20s mare has melanomas on her tail and anus and is hanging in there.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/3175773763.html

I think this is about this mare, so sad to see when an owner is trying to find the best possible home for their horse & someone one is posting against them.

Quote Originally Posted by jenbrin View Post
    http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/3175773763.html

I think this is about this mare, so sad to see when an owner is trying to find the best possible home for their horse & someone one is posting against them.
    Flagged for removal. What did it say?