The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MCM746 View Post
    Ps By tde's definition, I guess I could go to my local dog shelter, take any mutt there, train it to bring back ducks and advertise it as a Laborador Retriever
    No - you could only do that if you went to Labrador in Canada and got it at a dog shelter there.

On the other hand, if you were able to teach a dog from Nova Scotia how to ring bells and retrieve ducks, you could advertise it as a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever! (Or would it have to ring the ducks? I'm a little shady on that point).

1 members found this post helpful.

It has to ring the ducks, then bring them back to the handler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    No - you could only do that if you went to Labrador in Canada and got it at a dog shelter there.

On the other hand, if you were able to teach a dog from Nova Scotia how to ring bells and retrieve ducks, you could advertise it as a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever! (Or would it have to ring the ducks? I'm a little shady on that point).
    I think you have to import a duck that will retrieve while ringing a bell... and I'm as up-to-date on this as I am on my Polish Imports. Oh wait, that would be a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling A Retriever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nova-scotia-duck-tolling-retriever-8.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	36348  

But what about my English Lab? Was she imported from the UK through Labrador? And she never could toll a duck...........btw, how do you toll a duck? (ETA my bitch's grandsire went BOB at Westminister, so he and she did have papers in their "registry.")

Good investigative work, guys! Truth is a defense to libel. I see that the houseguests have arrived.

IBTL

I don't think these a registry for that. Oh, wait, let's just invent one! No one will bother to look, and if we get caught, well just say its a hunting dog. What's the difference anyway?

What's a houseguest?

Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Thanks

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,

So the dog takes money from ducks if they use Confederation Bridge?
    That is just silly. Ducks have no pockets to carry change.

Quote Originally Posted by stoicfish View Post
    That is just silly. Ducks have no pockets to carry change.
    They don't carry change. They only carry bills. Didn't you study duckology in school?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    They don't carry change. They only carry bills.
    GROAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (My uncle would have loved you Jos...that line is what my cousins termed "a daddy joke". I miss him, and his puns)
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Default Perhaps they learned something.....

Saw an ad of theirs on dream horse for a TB mare in foal to Draft paint cross
    Last edited by traklover; Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammer

She took down most of her website. Perhaps she did.

Maybe this was a CTJ moment, or she's going to come up with yet a new persona.

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Maybe this was a CTJ moment, or she's going to come up with yet a new persona.
    Yeah, I'm betting on the latter option.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

You guys are so cynical. TDE just graduated from college. She's a kid who seems to think people are as clueless as she is. Maybe she has learned that there's a lot more to becoming a breeder that getting some random horses and pasture breeding them and calling them warmbloods. I still don't think she has any idea of what it takes, but hopefully she has some idea of how much she has to learn. I'm still concerned that she places her ambitions above her horses' welfare ( she said in an email that she didn't want to wait 3 or 4 years to be able to afford proper fencing-even though she informs me that she has 50 k to invest in her business-because she has "dreams and ambitions" that cant wait). I think she needs to sort out her priorities because people will catch on
    Pretty fast.

Unhappy

I've been on COTH for a long time and I didn't know what a "houseguest" was. I went to the link provided, then that mentioned the Alisija Zabavska Granger thread.

WOW! I was up quite late last night/very early a.m. reading that and only got up to page 50! I don't know how I missed that tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by MCM746 View Post
    You guys are so cynical. TDE just graduated from college. She's a kid who seems to think people are as clueless as she is. Maybe she has learned that there's a lot more to becoming a breeder that getting some random horses and pasture breeding them and calling them warmbloods. I still don't think she has any idea of what it takes, but hopefully she has some idea of how much she has to learn. I'm still concerned that she places her ambitions above her horses' welfare ( she said in an email that she didn't want to wait 3 or 4 years to be able to afford proper fencing-even though she informs me that she has 50 k to invest in her business-because she has "dreams and ambitions" that cant wait). I think she needs to sort out her priorities because people will catch on
    Pretty fast.
    Us? Cynical? No way! We are all sweet and nice and vying for the title of Coth Miss(Ms. or Mrs.) Congeniality for 2012. No one has ever lied to us online or lied about their horses or expertise, etc. We believe everything we read and forgive those who have trespassed.............those who survive our target practice, that is.

Will the owners of mares (bred to the stallion that they thought was a "Polish warmblood" with a fantasy pedigree) have any way of knowing that they've actually bred to a draft cross?
    Will they find out, only when they try to register their foals or if they frequent COTH forums?

Will Sporthorsesrus call mare owners and fess up?

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I've read this whole thread with some interest--Like Heinz 57, I've seen TDE's ads on Dreamhorse over the last year, I even looked at one sale horse's video on Youtube--and was appalled at the conditions of her "farm", and the breeding on her horses did nothing for me (and they way they moved).

I don't know who would travel to Kooskia, Idaho to look at/buy a horse. Kind of in the middle of nowhere. I don't think any "big time" sporthorse owners are going to pop up out of the woodwork to post on here that they bought one. Truly, Kooskia is east of the center of nothing. But, people will travel quality horses...these clearly aren't quality anything.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!