The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    http://www.sporthorsesrus.com/stallions.html

He was sold and now on this website. He is being advertised as a Polish WB with his name changed and different bloodlines

It's been about 30 years since I heard about a stunt like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

I am really, really surprised that we haven't had any "clients" of Tie Dye join this thread to defend Karlin and talk about how WONDERFUL the horse she sold them is. How the horse is now cleaning up in hunters and has in fact been long-listed for dressage, eventing, AND showjumping at the 2014 WEG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    I am really, really surprised that we haven't had any "clients" of Tie Dye join this thread to defend Karlin and talk about how WONDERFUL the horse she sold them is. How the horse is now cleaning up in hunters and has in fact been long-listed for dressage, eventing, AND showjumping at the 2014 WEG.
    it's still early...proper ladies don't drink before 5 or sundown, whichever comes first...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

3 members found this post helpful.

A Pollish Warmblood?

Would that be one that was imported from The New Polland auction?
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse Farm View Post
    A Pollish Warmblood?

Would that be one that was imported from The New Polland auction?
    LOL...that would be New Holland auction so it would be a Dutch Warmblood .

3 members found this post helpful.

^^^^LMAO^^^^^

Dutch... WOW

Yes, foxhaven posts here so I hope she will chime in

(ETA:Sent her a PM with this link)
    Last edited by Nootka; Aug. 1, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Meow! Ok obviously this woman is clueless, maybe dishonest, maybe crazy, I dont know. I'm just happy that this forum exists as a way of checking things out! I really didn't care if she was up on the latest " rules". If she thinks she has a warmblood, big deal. Any buyer could easily check up on the facts. I have known backyard horse owners who love their horses and take good care of them, even though though their barns may not be fancy. Someone told me long ago to look at the horses, not the facility when assessing a farm. ( of course the barbed wire is an issue...) I would rather have a backyard owner who breeds one or two mares a year and treats then like a family member than a huge breeding operation that treats her like a breeding machine. I'm more concerned that this woman is adding to the numbers of questionable horses that will end up at auctions. She probably thinks that she's doing a good thing, but someone needs to let her know that just because it has a uterus doesn't mean it should be bred!

I think that's been established, cwfhj. But the scenario Laurierace suggested was a good guess because it happens a lot on this forum! Sadly, we get cynical around here and assume the worst, since it ends up that way so often.

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Again, she claims to have a breeding coming to her by a Coth members horse at Fox Lane Farms. Does anyone know them?

Correction: Foxhaven Farms
    Nope, not us. It says Fox Fire Farm on this page: https://sites.google.com/site/tyedye.../foals-of-2014

Fox fire farm is a reputable holsteiner facility. In fact, that's how Karlin originally found my mare. I don't think the horse she describes stands there, especially since they breed only holsteiners. It looks like she's bred one of her mares to their stallion, which I even question at this point, I'm so disgusted with her.

Ack, sorry, I have to correct my correction - it's FoxDALE Farm (I linked it in my first post on page one - from her FB page). Sorry I was confused! Anyway, I'm relieved .

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    On her FB page she claims to have bred some mare to this horse:
    http://www.foxdalefarm.us/gatsby.htm

Isn't this a CoTHers stallion???

What a freaking death trap that place is.....I want to scoop those free horses up just to get them the hell out of there.

ETA the text from FB in case it disappears:
    Tye Dye Equines shared a link.
    July 18
    I just confirmed with Gatsby's owners and since I couldn't use the breeding this year with Silhouette I will be able to use it next year on Ellie! http://www.foxdalefarm.us/gatsby.htm

GATSBY - 17 hh Homozygous Black Oldenburg Stallion - Breeding & Contact Information
    www.foxdalefarm.us
    GATSBY - 17 hh Homozygous Black Oldenburg Stallion - Breeding & Contact Information

It seems the photos have been taken down.. I can't find them anyway.

I am stunned , that someone, apparently "Sport Horses are Us".( really?) has manufactured a fake pedigree. WOW!

Hmmm.... Yet another reason to be leery of Sporthorses R Us (as well as the first farm mentioned in this thread) - They bred a Redwine foal this year. Wonder if she even tests/vaccinates for EVA.

I can't believe the nerve of people spreading an outright lie!
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

It's been about 30 years since I heard about a stunt like that!
    I know ! With the internet and things of that sort it blows me that someone would even try. Esp. when the gelding is on Youtube with those bloodlines (and there was no way this was a full sibling _
    Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    It seems the photos have been taken down.. I can't find them anyway.

I am stunned , that someone, apparently "Sport Horses are Us".( really?) has manufactured a fake pedigree. WOW!

I am soo glad her lies were "blown out the water"! Good, I am glad she took that crap down!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

Now Tye Dye is referring to Freelance as an imported Canadian Sport Horse and Sporthorses R Us has taken his page down entirely so obviously they're reading.. Awkward for them!
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Well good - Glad "Sport Horses R Us" - Allie Vetch-Helinski took down their blatant lie.

For the record again - the horse Allie is showing as "Wolny Mischiel" - was listed on her website as having the following pedigree:

Lolek
    Wotum
    Werona

Wolny Mischiel

Arlin
    Wendeta
    Warmia

But that pedigree belongs to a European horse - NOT "Wolny Mischiel" - who is a draft cross from Canada - And doesn't appear to have a valid pedigree available anywhere.

Hope the liar is feeling embarrassed and thinks again before they do something so dishonest.

I feel like these girls are "playing pony farm" - but with real live horses.
    APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

All kinds of corrections. Including an explanation on the front page and why the "now" gelding Marion covered and produced a foal (on his sales page)
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

You don't have to dig real deep to figure out how he was able to accidentally cover a mare! I did get a giggle out of them tacking him up and turning him loose then exclaiming "Look, he is moving already!" Can't make this stuff up....

I love you guys! I had no idea this thread would get to 3 pages.

I'm really glad you exposed her and hopefully this thread will pop up if anyone ever searches for her business.

I could tell you horror stories about her and her unethical horsemanship and breeding practices.
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

yeah, can't say I know this person personally - but from afar, it looks like a GD DISASTER. Who is breeding so willy nilly these days? Even the top breeders have really scaled back.

Any way, I WANT this thread to come up any time some one searches "Tye Dye" sport horses and warmbloods - right now, its about half way down the first page on Google - maybe these tags will help

"Tye dye sport horse"
    "Tye dye warmbloods"
    Karlin Ekberg
    karlin.ekberg@gmail.com
    tyedyeequines@gmail.com
    tyedyeequines
    Wolny Mischiel
    APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman