The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Michael Ryan, first fall. BUMMER FOR IRELAND!!!! It looked like he was having a great ride, but perhaps the undulation got to his horse. :'(
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Guess that second to last fence is built to withstand the horses banking it, after all. Glad to see that both Michael Ryan and the horse seem to be okay!

Canadian Michelle Mueller had a refusal at one of the London towers in the arena, Irish rider Michael Ryan had a fall at I think the second to last jump? Looks like they're both ok.

Michelle looks slow but steady, overjumped the first castle in the ring and he just wasn't ready for the sharp turn to the 2nd, she will be slow but looks controlled and good for a pathfinder for the Canadians
    Eventing needs volunteers. Support Volunteer Initiatives to be proposed at the 2015 U.S. Eventing convention, Dec. 5! #becauseofseema http://www.eventhorse.net/volunteer-initiative.html

German perfectly ridden over castles, touch of spur on way out of ring, the Germans are here to win...
    Eventing needs volunteers. Support Volunteer Initiatives to be proposed at the 2015 U.S. Eventing convention, Dec. 5! #becauseofseema http://www.eventhorse.net/volunteer-initiative.html

GO BURTO!!!!

Gutted for the Irish rider, but hopefully everyone will go nice and slow and Aussies can keep our lead. Only joking. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    That undulating ground is going to take its toll on a horse's legs. I saw one horse hit the top of an undulation and his legs jarred into it because he had not expected to hit the ground quite so soon.

Perhaps that is why Boy's horse seemed so tired 2 from home. Not a lack of fitness, but just leg weary from the topography.

I agree 100%. I think more horses will make time, however - the course is simply not as tough as presented. But the rolls are taking their toll!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Can't seem to get it live - Anyone else having problems? I'm on a Mac with Comcast. Will any of the xc be on regular TV today?

Canada's Michelle Mueller finished with a lot of penalties, but FINISHED!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDufort View Post
    The "live feed" from NBC is actually a bit time delayed. I could see the 5.2 time penalties on Christopher Burton well before he crossed the finish line on the live feed.
    Thanks, sorry I should have said, I'm streaming bbc (or trying to)

The course is doing its job; rewarding exact riding and catching out those riders who are not always in 100% control. Since the rider is the one who is being "judged" on his ability, the course is doing exactly what it should.

I love how the Englishman calls them "bounce-offs".

Those horses are incredible. KUDO's to them.

The Austrailian was 15 seconds nder the time. Amazing!
    "Dyslexics Untie!"

Michelle adds a stride at the coffin but it works for her.

First Japanese rider on course -- sticky fence at scalloped brush

Stop for Japan, Nicola Wilson burning shells first half of course

Nicola Wilson is getting GREAT cheers!!!

The Japanese rider had a stop - looked like he just dropped his eyes for a second at the drop, and the horse said "huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Michelle adds a stride at the coffin but it works for her.

First Japanese rider on course -- sticky fence at scalloped brush
    Several sticky fences, then a refusal at whatever comes right before the towers in the arena. Nicola Wilson understandably getting lots of cheers!

Nicola very fast, Opposition Buzz jumping like his tail is on fire

I agree, KUDOS to these horses!! And riders!!!

And that Aussie horse had a HUGE stride - I thought he would have problems because he didn't look as compact and balanced as Boyd, but he just went for it!!

I'm liking Opposition Buzz...

LOVE the shallow water - not as much fun for the spectators as in the old days, but so much nicer for the horses!!

Buzz was the British reserve horse, so I hope she really, REALLY nails it!!!