The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

H-Mart sounds interesting! We do have some various ethnic shops around, I might have to peek in and see what they have, great idea.

Rawhide is hell on a dog with a sensitive stomach. Mine don't get them anymore. They don't last long, cause gas, give my sensitive tummy dog the runs... totally not good.

And yes, the antler really does last forever. I've only had 2 in the past 3 years I've had Lo. I get a somewhat larger one with nubbies on it. I think I paid $20 for my most recent one and no plans on buying another soon since there is still plenty of chewing left to do!

I got the bigger rawides figuring they could chew on them from time to time under supervision, and I can take them away before they can ingest a whole lot. We'll see how that goes, as I haven't given them anything rawhide for a long time.

The sensitive dog still has diarrhea today (yes, called the vet to discuss and he will go in tomorrow if things don't get better), so he might not get anything to gnaw ever again. I will try bully sticks in the future, but if that causes problems I am done. I'll stick to brushing his teeth.