The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoroughbred stallion Noble Houston

Does anyone have foals from this horse - I've rather liked him over the years. He looks like a stallion that would be good on warmblood mares. Thoughts?

Noble Houston has only a few Warmblood foals on the ground, but was bred to 9 Warmblood mares this year (Holsteiner, Oldenburg, and Hanoverian). He was bred to a wide variety of mares over the years--AQHA, APHA, Appies, TBs, and Draft crosses. He wasn't presented for any warmblood approvals until he was in his teens, and some of the mares he was bred to that had Warmblood registered offspring did not have fully approved pedigrees, so the offspring ended up in lower books.

He has at least 3 full TB daughters who are in the Premium Mare Book for Oldenburg/ISR, and several ISR foals out of an APHA mare that were Site Champions.

He also has a sibling (Houston x Captain James) showing on the
    A circuit in the hunters. Another sibling (Houston x Memo) was approved MMB with German Oldenburg and I will present another sibling (Houston x Wild Surf) will be presented German Oldenburg on Tuesday.

I have Noble Houston 3 year old at home. I have met several Houston babies over the years, and they all are stamped with his easy going temperment. I would breed to him again in a heart beat!

I also have a sibling (Houston x Wild Surf) that was presented to RPSI and named Premium in 2010, she was also the top scoring TB in the US for RPSI that year. Her 2011 Baron Van Gogh filly was named Gold Premium as well.
    www.jazcreek.com
    Specialized Equine Rehabilitation and Fitness in the Wine Country