The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An amusing ebay listing

YESRD LEATHER ALL PURPOSE ENDURANCE TREELESS SADDLE

FREE ROPE BITLESS BRIDLE , WHISTLE
    So, when the horse dumps you because you are using a treeless saddle and a rope bridle, there's a whistle to call him back? Or just a whistle to get help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YESRD-LEATHE...item35be55d5d0

The whistle looks like a little fish...

This is why they are giving you the bridle and the fish whistle:

Our products are world's cheap & best quality products. All the duties & taxes are extra ( not refundable) . These duties are approx between 5-10 USD . Approx 95% of the shipments release free of custom ,only ( approx 5% ) of shipments stuck in custom & buyers have to pay for these taxes, you may be one of these 5 % buyers . These charges will not pinch you , so we add some free products with this article

World's cheap and best quality....ya. I'm sure.

At first I thought it was one of those Hilason saddles. I've never seen anythings so ugly as that crap Hilason makes. That one you linked is coming in a strong second though.

This being COTH, I figured if I said anything negative about that bizarre saddle the YSERD fans would come out of the woodwork and tell me how wrong I was.

YSERD sounds like "absurd" to me ...

But that rope bridle, now, there's a winner.

There are YSERD fans? I've never heard of them. Speak to me of this fan club...I am intrigued.

Besides, last I checked saddles imported from India weren't exactly known for their quality, and that "cow softy leather" typically tends to be that crappy water buffalo leather which feels like cardboard and disintegrates just as easily.

I still think Hilason has them beat though. You can get theirs with a horn: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hilason-Tree...item3f1a3e41b6

In a Bob Marshal knock-off: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hilason-Tree...item3a77b967e0

Spanish version: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HILASON-SPAN...item27c9747681

And even in pink: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hilason-Tree...item20c247c52b

This little jewel was listed as a related item to the link in the OP (which has ended, but for those of you who missed out there are more to buy!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-ENGLISH-S...ht_1930wt_1037

That is NOT a black saddle....maybe at some point in its life, but no longer.

My eyes couldn't even pick a place to focus in that picture-yikes!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

I remember someone posting that saddle on COTH recently. Especially classy are the brightly colored floral irons that it comes with. On what alternate plane of reality do those match that monstrosity? The bright red underside kinda makes the whole saddle look like it was inspired by a baboon's ass.

Whoever put that package together needs to share whatever they are smoking with me. Must be some really good stuff.

Some gems here:

Is this able to be interchangeable to a wide tree once i recieve it if I decide to buy it? Jul-06-12
    A: Greetings: Thank you very much for contacting us. Yes, upon purchase this item should work and perform as you desire and expect. However, if for some reason, it did not perform as desired, we will gladly return it for a full refund. We stand behind our products and take customer service very seriously. We are committed to providing quality products and best customer service to all our valued customers, like you self. I hope this answers your question as per your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further question and or concern. We are always standing by to serve you with all your Muzzle to Hoof needs. We are looking forward to seeing you shopping at Muzzle to Hoof soon. Best wishes, Customer Relations Manager Muzzle to Hoof (USA) Note: Only unopened, unused items in original packaging are eligible for exchange/return. Buyers pay return shipping.
    If you actually try it on the horse, you are not allowed to return it, or get a wider tree.

Someone loves this hideous saddle, but there's only one:

Hi I was wondering if you ever get any more of your 18" limited edition English saddle? As I am working really hard to save up for it because it's so pretty :} and I'd hope that you could get more sometime thank you so much have a wonderful day! Jun-08-12
    A: Greetings: Thank you very much for contacting us. We are very grateful to you for visiting Muzzle to Hoof. It is a pleasure and honor to hear such kind words of appreciation from our valued customers like yourself. We regret to inform you that this saddle is a limited edition item. We only have one piece in stock; the saddle currently being displayed in our e bay store. At this time we would like to share some key features of this saddle with you. It is designed and crafted with precision. Although it presents some very delicate patterns, it is made with high quality genuine leather. It is definitely a life times collection. I am sure you will not only enjoy using it but will also win hearts of people around you.
    Come on, you know you want to spend $500 plus shipping and the 5% tax on importation for this "life times collection" Indian saddle!

I actually do want the flowery stirrups in the first photo, they are awesome!

I wish they would show the entire outfit on a horse, bridle, pad, stirrups and all.

Edit: My wish on the stirrups could come true, but they are even worse close up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absorb...item19cd1e1eb9

"Secure, durable and non-rusty"

The bright red underside kinda makes the whole saddle look like it was inspired by a baboon's ass.

ROFLMAO!!!

My god those answers sound they were written by 419 scammers!

Just send them your address, bank account number, phone number, and full legal name, and they will be happy to ship you any ugly tack your heart desires.

They do have 100% satisfaction rating from over 300 people, though. Someone loves this tack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    They do have 100% satisfaction rating from over 300 people, though. Someone loves this tack.
    That made me cry a little.

Okay, you guys are going to laff at me, that's okay, though. I bought a treeless saddle from one of the Indian business's and actually, it's okay. Not great but it serves its' purpose. Which is to keep my horses mindful they are broke, although I don't actually get on them. I paid a whopping $100, $70 for the 'saddle' and $30 shipping. I got TWO fish whistles and one bitless bridle. I got 'leathers' but not stirrups. I showed the bitless bridle to someone, they had to have it...so I sold it to them with full disclosure. The fish whistles are shrill little things and actually kind of kyoot!!

I figgered if one of my beasts decides they don't want to cooperate and decide to wipe it off with the barn wall or goes over backwards or rubs on a tree, I'm not out much money and the treeless part won't hurt them. Kind of a glorified bareback pad.

Okay, commence laughing...
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

I clicked on the "black" saddle with the blinding rainbow irons, but TOTALLY missed the baboon butt bottom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    Edit: My wish on the stirrups could come true, but they are even worse close up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absorb...item19cd1e1eb9

"Secure, durable and non-rusty"
    Good thing they are "non-rusty" that color would totally clash with the rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    The bright red underside kinda makes the whole saddle look like it was inspired by a baboon's ass.

ROFLMAO!!!
    Baboon and snake (and some other print) WTF? LMAOOOO
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Oh goneriding, I did so good not laughing but then you had to bring up the fish whistles

I'm sorry but I gotta ask from someone that knows firsthand...what does "cow softy leather" actually feel like? Is it water buffalo leather treated with a million coats of Saddle-lac?

Glad you like your saddles and fishy whistles though. At the end of the day that's all that matters, we've all got stuff we own or say or do that gives others a giggle. You should see the car I drive so I can afford my horses and the truck. The Flintstone-mobile would be an upgrade, I get ripped on all the time for that thing! And the scary part is I've actually grown quite fond of the green goblin

Gosh, pink floral stirrup irons.... how have I lived this long with out those.

Eeek.

See, I knew SOMEONE would have one of the these saddles and like it. But I think you got a deal, it was $130 on the listing I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Besides, last I checked saddles imported from India weren't exactly known for their quality, and that "cow softy leather" typically tends to be that crappy water buffalo leather which feels like cardboard and disintegrates just as easily.
    I thought indians revered their cows and therefore their hide. I would think indians selling cowhide saddles would be like someone in the US selling doghide jackets.

I thought that too but then I found this:

In India the tradition of leather craft goes back to the Indus valley civilization. There have been several references in ancient texts about the use of animal skin. The age old tradition of leather craft in India is proved by ancient sages and ascetics, who used to sit on deerskin for meditation and other such works. In the past, leather was not only used in making clothes and footwear but also in making caps, bags, saddles, armor etc. India is famous world wide for its leather products. In the rural areas of India, hide from cattle and camel is locally cured and after tanning, it is used to make different items. Different regions of India have different leather products to offer:

The modern day leather craft in India has become a big industry and caters not only to local needs but also the off shore market. Utilitarian items like shoes, jackets, lampshades, pouches, bags, belts, wallets, stuffed toys etc made from leather are exported from India in large quantity. Different regions in India are famous for their unique style and pattern of leather products. Rajasthan is known for its decorated leather items. Bikaner and Jaisalmer produce decorative saddles.
    Good thing it says "softy cow" on the saddle, since it could be camel!

Well, actually, I bought from another seller. MINE is some sort of synthetic mesh type stuff.

For your viewing pleasure... http://www.ebay.com/itm/YESRD-Qualit...item4d0044632e

"I" bought the tan and brown one. Couldn't quite go the flashier colors, although I dare say you couldn't lose the d*mn thing, such as being left on a fence rail, etc.

Hey, it works for what I want. What can I say??
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!