The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default DirecTV Search By Event!

If any of you have the direcTV with the DVR box (the new one), there is a red button on your remote. If you push that, i will come up with a menu.

On the side you can search by sport!

Equestrian starts at 10:45am tomorrow on NBC!

It shows all the times for Equestrian sports and any other sport you might be interested in.

It works with the old (non-DVR) receiver, too. Select channel 603 (NBC Sports), give it a few seconds to download, hit the red button, and follow the instructions.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont View Post
    If any of you have the direcTV with the DVR box (the new one), there is a red button on your remote. If you push that, i will come up with a menu.

On the side you can search by sport!

Equestrian starts at 10:45am tomorrow on NBC!

It shows all the times for Equestrian sports and any other sport you might be interested in.
    Darn - I did that and it started to work - it said "searching" but it was taking a long time and I hit "exit" thinking it was maybe stuck. I pushed the red button again and got the "thunk" noise.....the red button won't do anything now. No menu comes up Any ideas?

Thank you for that tip!

So I went into the menu, searched by event, equestrian, and it gave me a list of time blocks when equestrian would be showing. So if I hit record on one of those time blocks will it record JUST that time block? I don't want to have it record the whole Olympic broadcast as that would probably fill up my DVR and I still would have to fast forward the recording to find the equestrian stuff.

The DirecTV "red button" appears to be a one-time shot. Once you use it, you have to change channels, then come back. It works the same way on the Weather Channel.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    The DirecTV "red button" appears to be a one-time shot. Once you use it, you have to change channels, then come back. It works the same way on the Weather Channel.
    doesn't do that for me with Weather Channel hmmmm, trying red button on 603 right now.

Sorry if this was covered in another thread and I didn't catch it...

...so who else got super excited about this, recorded everything that said "Equestrian" for it be ping pong, water polo, handball (I think..)?

That "schedule" is to be taken with a whole shaker-full of salt.

It now looks like the equestrian events that they originally scheduled for their over-the-airwaves broadcast stations have been dropped.
    John Adams