The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 1 year free lease on Appaloosa/Arab cross gelding--Western NC

I would like to find a 12-17 year old pony clubber or 4Hr to free lease my gelding. He is 15.2, flea bitten grey, sound, no vices, current shots, coggins and is currently working. Could work for a slightly younger child but he is stout and smart so I am erring on the side of caution. He has been mostly a trail horse but has done some light showing in the past over fences. Prefer the lease be within a couple of hours of 28685 zip code or in the Raleigh/Durham area. Child must be taking lessons with a trainer and would prefer a child who is at least doing schooling shows or hunter paces. I ride English but I think the horse has done some Western Pleasure type riding in the past. If everyone was happy I would sell after the 1 year lease was up.

Hi there!
    Your guy sounds like what I have been looking for. I am in Creston, NC. PM me to talk further?
    Londa

A fellow Western NCer! I send you a PM about local horse resources (I'm dying to find some around here).

Best of luck finding the right situation for your guy-he sounds cute! If you're on facebook, check out the group Charlotte Area Equestrians. It's pretty active for riders in Charlotte and some people from the Raleigh area post there, too.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique