The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Don't be a dishonest little twit, it is in poor form.

So my big weekend at the dressage show was fun, I was there during the light of day besides just running in and out at predawn hours. There was another braider there, I noticed the flyer in the port-a-potties and she had pics of her work on her flyer. The braids, which looked nice and had hunter, dressage and a running on a Friesian) looked familiar so I figured maybe I knew her.

Nope, she ripped the pics off of various peoples sites. I came across them when I was milling around looking at various braids last night, then I verified that they were the same pics when I used the port-a-potty this morning. I thought about sticking a Post-It on there that read "These are not pics of your work they are absconded from various equine related sites, shame on you!"

I got a call later last night from a woman asking me to do her horse which I thought was odd because usually folks have braiding lined up by the last day of the show. While braiding her horse today I heard about how she had hired "the other girl with the flyers up" and how the braids "weren't straight or in line, they were like huge hunter type braids?" (I had no explanation for this) and how they fell out during her test on Friday and Saturday. I felt terrible for this woman

Anyhoo, just thought I would share. All kinds of things turn up in daylight!!! I still kind of think I should have called the girl out on it but...I dunno, should I have?

taking the high road is always the better way to go IMHO

Don't call people on this sort of stuff. It only drags you down with them.

Let these people do it to themselves. Word will get around soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Don't call people on this sort of stuff. It only drags you down with them.

Let these people do it to themselves. Word will get around soon enough.
    THIS.

No need to create more enemies than necessary. She'll create her own and your conscience will be clear and your braids ever so much nicer!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Ah ha ha ha...I was all ready to say that I really MEANT to come up there, but we went & got Pony Baloney instead. It wasn't a deliberate dishonesty, honest!

You could have gone the other route.
    "OMG I was browsing the internet yesterday for pics of braids and some people must have stolen your pics and put them on their sites!"
    haha.
    Last edited by ElisLove; Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Cindy I have 201 things to tell you (including the name of the ripoff braider LOL!!), I'm going to hit the hay early though so maybe tomorrow or Tues?

How is the Baloney-ous one settling in?

Elis

Looks like she outed herself as a fraud just fine without any help from you. Don't you love it when karma takes the direct route? (Although it does suck for the woman who had the braids fall out...but you can probably bet your sweet a$$ she's telling anyone and everyone what happened and who fixed the mess for her!)

You know where to find me .

Gem (I gotta start calling her by her name) is settling in just fine. Put Fat Boy in his place (much to his shock & dismay) and munched happily all afternoon. She is letting me catch her no problem & is settled in for the night. Lots to get used to, but she's taking it in stride. Got in the trailer in probably 5 minutes or so, hauled fine, hopped right out. Not the wild pony of just 8 weeks ago today.

She was meeeeean to Fat Boy!? Glad she's home all safe and sound. When can I tie ribbons in her mane and put shiny things all over her????

Edo just started his singing so obviously sleep has not come yet....even Tux has had it with him LOL!!

in the tiny cottage behind three maple trees

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Looks like she outed herself as a fraud just fine without any help from you. Don't you love it when karma takes the direct route? (Although it does suck for the woman who had the braids fall out...but you can probably bet your sweet a$$ she's telling anyone and everyone what happened and who fixed the mess for her!)
    This, exactly. The only thing you have to do in this situation is keep doing a good job and being professional.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

I don't know, I think I would have had to at least taken them down, save someone from going to her. Should have known the work would have been shoddy. Such a shame!! And shame on her!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Maybe..but I can't imagine taking someones add down, KWIM?

Still, what a poop.