The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys, I have tried it all! Left posts on Sanswill facebook page, called her cell phone number and left numerous messages (cell number was on top of invoice) tried using the email that she provided on here as well. I can't leave her a message on her Facebook page as I am not a friend, and am sure at this point she would not friend me, but would love to do that too! I just started the official protest through PayPal, but the dispute is supposed to be started within 45 days of not receiving product. That period is long gone. I was trying to be patient, and give her the benefit of the doubt, and give her time to make me the custom bonnet she promised, so I didnt start a dispute that soon. I never guessed this would have happened. Not only does she have very poor business practices, she is giving other small business owners a bad name. I will hesitate to buy from an independent person in the future for fear of this happening again. Warning to anyone thinking of ordering from Sanswill Designs, I paid $130.00 for a custom bonnet in June, have not received the bonnet or the refund that I was promised in August.

I did finally get my bonnets and I will say they are beautiful, the nicest I've seen. She also gave me most of my money back for the trouble. It's a shame there are so many problems because they really are wonderful, unique, handmade items.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Does anyone know what happened to Sanswill Designs? The website and Facebook page don't seem to exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by akhunterrider View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Sanswill Designs? The website and Facebook page don't seem to exist anymore.

My guess is between the never giving people their money or products, it kind of blew up in her face and she no longer wanted to be associated with it and is doing other things like riding her horses. If you did that to people and were starting to get in trouble for it, I would think you would either clear the air or get lost.

That was my guess, but wasn't sure. Seems like she just kind of up and vanished. At one point I won a $25 gift certificate towards one other fly bonnets and I never ended up using it. Now I'm kind of glad.

Quote Originally Posted by horsegal301 View Post
    My guess is between the never giving people their money or products, it kind of blew up in her face and she no longer wanted to be associated with it and is doing other things like riding her horses. If you did that to people and were starting to get in trouble for it, I would think you would either clear the air or get lost.
    Bummer, I ordered a bonnet from her ages ago that I love and get tons of compliments on
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

I did end up getting my money back through Paypal even though it was outside the 45 day window. Ordered a fly bonnet from de la coeur about 3 months ago. It was about the same price, and it is LOVELY!!!! It was super easy and the owner Stephanie was very willing and eager to work with a few special requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaspen View Post
    I did end up getting my money back through Paypal even though it was outside the 45 day window. Ordered a fly bonnet from de la coeur about 3 months ago. It was about the same price, and it is LOVELY!!!! It was super easy and the owner Stephanie was very willing and eager to work with a few special requests!
    I have to ask - what is so special about the ears? They claim they're sound proof, so I'm wondering what's going on in there before I drop that kind of money.

I actually got a double soundproof ears. That's the only reason I bought it. My trainer suggested one as my mare is super sensitive. (She is a mare after all!). I tried every single ear plug on the market, and she would throw a temper tantrum anytime she had something in her ear. Believe me, I tried them all. I actually was not a fan of the look of a horse wearing a bonnet, but after getting mine, I love it. It's gorgeous, and very well made. The ears are stretchy (only the outer material, so if you get sound proof ears they aren't stretchy anymore). The soundproof ears feel like a stiffer thicker material that would buffer noises. I certainly wouldn't consider them soundPROOF, but I can attest to the fact that they do help. I have noticed a considerable difference between Her having the bonnet on or not, just at home schooling. My ring is right next to the road, so I have has lots if opportunity to test with and without bonnet. I got a navy with scallops with white sparkle thread. Simple but elegant.