The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone ordered from flybonnets.com??

I ordered two custom fly bonnets from flybonnets.com, aka Sanswill design. That was 2 months ago. I have not had a response to emails for the last 2-3 weeks and I am getting very concerned. Curious if anyone has ordered and what your experience has been?
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

I haven't ordered from her but I did email he back and forth asking questions. She was usually prompt. One email she said she would get pics of something I asked for, then didn't reply for a week. I emailed her back asking about it and she immediately replied back and was sorry she had forgotten. She then got right on it and got the pics to me in a few hours I think.
    Maybe try her FB page if you have FB?

Quote Originally Posted by ElisLove View Post
    I haven't ordered from her but I did email he back and forth asking questions. She was usually prompt. One email she said she would get pics of something I asked for, then didn't reply for a week. I emailed her back asking about it and she immediately replied back and was sorry she had forgotten. She then got right on it and got the pics to me in a few hours I think.
    Maybe try her FB page if you have FB?
    No dice, she hasn't updated that page since May. There's also a post about the winner of a bonnet for a contest from March that still hasn't received their bonnet.

Though with some sleuthing on her site, her name is Stephanie Barsby, and a quick FB search shows this account - http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.barsby and she last updated her cover photo july 11, so it's not like she's not able to get on the computer?

Perhaps you should message her there?

I ordered one from Sanswill last year and received it with no issues.

I believe Stephanie's been in Europe and more recently has been travelling for shows, so maybe it's been harder for her to respond? Not sure but I can try messaging her on FB to let her know she's got people waiting.
    I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted.

Unfortunately when I was in Europe my e-mail server stopped working and I could not check my e-mails while over there (I still can't even check them), just got back late last week and we have been working to trouble solve this since then hoping it all gets resolved within the next few days! It has been causing me an extreme amount of anxiety!! Please e-mail stephanie.barsby@gmail.com in the mean time and we will be working really hard to rectify the situation for all those affected! We are very sorry about this, and will come up with an appropriate solution!
    Last edited by sansibar; Jul. 26, 2012 at 04:45 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.

I am feeling the same way. I purchased one the beginning of June, and unsuccessfully attempted to contact them over the past 2 weeks. I am past the 45 day PayPal window, and was hoping that I didn't waste all my money on a fly bonnet I will never see. Hoping that I hear something soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaspen View Post
    I am feeling the same way. I purchased one the beginning of June, and unsuccessfully attempted to contact them over the past 2 weeks. I am past the 45 day PayPal window, and was hoping that I didn't waste all my money on a fly bonnet I will never see. Hoping that I hear something soon!
    Did you not read the post above yours from the person from sanswill. She said to email her at the address she supplied so she can work everything out.

My friend's mom tried to order a sanswill and it was a complete fail.

The girl wouldn't reply, then when she finally did, Stephanie apologized so much and gave a huge discount but still made the bonnet wrong then they asked.

If you can, order through your tackshop or somewhere more professional.

I did not initially see the email that Stephanie posted as my reply was sent using the reply button to the top left of the Opening post. But, since I did finally find time to read the entire thread, and did get suggested e-mail, I sent Stephanie an email with a very quick response. Keeping my fingers crossed for the timely resolution! She was very apologetic in her e-mail to me, and I do understand being at the mercy of being able to access e-mail. Will post a follow-up once it occurs.

Check out their facebook page, lots of people are having issues:

https://www.facebook.com/SanswillDesigns

"hey sanswill, what is your deal?? i'm on here seeing a lot of people having the same problem i am (i.e. you don't respond to emails). i'm pretty annoyed, so i can't imagine how the poor girl who won a contest in MARCH feels!! if you're away, or something else is going on, you should at LEAST have an automated email response, or post a status here. that is the most basic form of business sense.
    55 minutes ago

Hi Sanswill, would love to talk about ordering a couple of pommel pads. Have been trying to email for a couple of weeks, heard this was the best place to reach you.
    Thanks
    6 hours ago via BlackBerry

Hi sanswill I sent a email the others day enquiring adout a cole of custom ear bonnet haven't had a response back just wondering if you got it ?
    Tuesday at 6:14am via mobile

[edit]
    Hi Sanswill, I am still waiting for my contest winning bonnet which I won in March... I have not been getting replies to my emails, please call me [edit], thank you.
    July 20 at 12:24pm

If you want a bonnet, go through a tack shop or try De La Coeur (a little more money, nicer quality and they respond).

https://www.facebook.com/DeLaCoeurEquestrian
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Aug. 9, 2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: to remove identifying details

^

Wow... so it's not just my friend who's alone in experiencing TERRIBLE customer service...

Apologizing only gets you so far.

All the more reason to give your local tack shops the business.

This is disappointing to hear. I had decided on Sanswill for my bonnet of choice when my mare grows up and becomes a Real Horse. Might have to reconsider.

I order one around Christmas and received it promptly! A friend of my shows/lives in the same area that the bonnets are made and says that the owner is great. Maybe with the email problem there will be a bit of a back log. Hopefully they can rectify it, as the bonnets are lovely.

I ordered on last year and got it very quickly.

Anyone ever consider that she owns her own small business and life just happens sometimes- aka email issues while out of the country?! Give the girl a break. I'm sure she will make it right for everyone!

Her bonnets are fabulous and I will certainly order from her again!
    "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

I ordered 2 around Feb/Mar and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. She was very helpful and prompt in replying to me, sent me pics for approval before putting the finishing touches on them, and I received them shortly thereafter. They're beautiful and I love them to death. I'll be a repeat customer if I do jumpers again.

Ugh! Am getting really irritated that I have yet to receive any refund for a bonnet I ordered on June 5th. Paid $130 for a custom bonnet to be shipped. At the end of July after making numerous attempts to contact her, I received a reply stating that I would get a refund and a bonnet. Just asking for a refund at this time. It's the middle of September and there still is no resolution. Her website is also not working anymore. Happy others have had good experiences, but it appears none have been recent, and I am still waiting for my bonnet which I paid for 3 1/2 months later. Buschkn, have you gotten your bonnets yet?

No refund still?! Yikes...you may want to kiss the money byebye.

Although as a last resort, try messaging her like Horsegal did on facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by horsegal301 View Post
    No dice, she hasn't updated that page since May. There's also a post about the winner of a bonnet for a contest from March that still hasn't received their bonnet.

Though with some sleuthing on her site, her name is Stephanie Barsby, and a quick FB search shows this account - http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.barsby and she last updated her cover photo july 11, so it's not like she's not able to get on the computer?

Perhaps you should message her there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rio's Diamond View Post
    No refund still?! Yikes...you may want to kiss the money byebye.

Although as a last resort, try messaging her like Horsegal did on facebook?
    She updated her profile picture on Sept 5th, as well as responding that she's attending a pub event at the university (in Ontario) on Sept 19th. That kind of invalidates the excuse that she's busy and unable to get to a computer. If you have time to go on Facebook and go to music events, you have time to return business emails...

Anyone ever consider that she owns her own small business and life just happens sometimes- aka email issues while out of the country?! Give the girl a break. I'm sure she will make it right for everyone!
    Doesn't seem to be the case, as per her FB updates. She's starting to give herself a really bad name.

Protest the charge on your card. I don't know of a CC these days that doesn't protect online shoppers.