The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Diamond Hit

Does anyone have any frozen Diamond Hit semen for sale? Need ASAP in New Jersey. Please contact me.

Judy Yancey usually has it. Is she out?
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

I'm pretty sure Judy has closed her doors.

Rideauwood?

Quote Originally Posted by warmbloodlover11 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Judy has closed her doors.
    Ah, didn't realize she was on summer break.
    Last edited by ponygirl; Jul. 26, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    Ah, didn't realize she was on summer break.
    Breeding season is a strange time to take a "summer break". I guess she doesn't need the business.

Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup View Post
    Breeding season is a strange time to take a "summer break". I guess she doesn't need the business.
    Judy has been announcing on her web site for some time that she was going to be gone beginning in mid-July. By that time, most folks have either finished breeding, or at least have already ordered the frozen doses they plan to use that year.

I believe this is the first time she has been gone this long during the summer, but she is developing a property and new business back home in Texas, and needed to be there for a while to oversee the work.

Also, I did not see Diamond Hit on her last inventory list, so I would think that means she is out of DH for this year.

WildChild - did you see the Diamond Hit son that won the 5 y/o Bundeschampionat qualifier at Rastede last week? From Eurodressage:
    The Diamond Hit x Sandro Song offspring scored 8.5 for trot, 9 for walk, 8 for canter and 8.5 for submission and general impression, averaging a winning score of 8.5.

Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup View Post
    Judy takes a late summer break every year which she always announces well in advance. Most breeders who use frozen get their supply well in advance of needing it. That is one of the advantages of frozen semen. It is ready and waiting when needed. If there was any advance planning, that is.

My late mother in law used this phrase often and it applied to so many of life's situations - "Foresight is a sign of civilization."

Wild Child, there is a group on facebook that lists breeders who are willing to sell doses. Try looking there. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post

Wild Child, there is a group on facebook that lists breeders who are willing to sell doses. Try looking there. Good luck!
    Could you post a link?
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

Down Yonder, Katrin Burger rode two Diamond Hit son's to victory at Rastede. Got decent photos of the older one. Reminded me so much of the young 2012 Diamond Hit/Rubinstein colt I have. A little old fashioned, but super Dressage horses (-: Tried to breed back to Diamond Hit, but no go. But will use him again next year.
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

Quote Originally Posted by Crosiadore View Post
    Down Yonder, Katrin Burger rode two Diamond Hit son's to victory at Rastede. Got decent photos of the older one. Reminded me so much of the young 2012 Diamond Hit/Rubinstein colt I have. A little old fashioned, but super Dressage horses (-: Tried to breed back to Diamond Hit, but no go. But will use him again next year.
    Yes, I saw that about Katrin and the Diamond Hit sons. Good on her!

I have been a big Diamond Hit fan for many years. I used to love seeing him at Shockemoehle's before they sold him to Brookhouse. He was the first stallion I would go when I walked into the stallion barn. After they sold him, I really missed seeing his big head and enormous shock of forelock peering out of the stall. I was really happy to see that Emma is showing him again this year after a couple years of retirement!

I have Sando Hit at a nice discount if you are interested

I have sandro hit