The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pinto horse brag thread?!

Where did the thread go that was a little brag of that fabulous pintos first show?!

I never got to watch the video and came to search for it! I don't know who posted it or I'd message them!

TIA
    "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

I think you are talking about TR's greenie brag... I see other greenie brag threads on here but not her's.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

The big pinto who was jumping? Yeah, he was cute. Where *did* that thread go?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

It's gone? Was that the one TR did on keeping track of her baby from start to finish? That was a great one! Did someone get un-ruley to make it go "poof"?

All her horses are drool worthy!! Love seeing their progress!!

Heather

I think the Mods decided that TidyRabbit's post was a thinly veiled sales ad, which is the most arbitrary thing I've heard. There are several other "brag threads" of horses who are much more obviously for sale.

TR posts her threads to follow the progress of her horses and I for one love following her horses through their training.

Default sad it was pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post

TR posts her threads to follow the progress of her horses and I for one love following her horses through their training.

Totally agree! Her heese are lovely and it's fun to watch their progressive journeys. She's such a nice rider that I've sure gotten tips by just watching her bring along those lovely animals of hers
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I think the Mods decided that TidyRabbit's post was a thinly veiled sales ad, which is the most arbitrary thing I've heard. There are several other "brag threads" of horses who are much more obviously for sale.

I saw the thread and agree that it was pretty bogus it may have been seen as a sales ad - he's a young horse she's bringing along, and most of her horses are for sale - but she never posts that they are for sale! He is super cute too, sorry people missed him.

It's ridiculous... TR posts updates on her horses because she knows how interested in them a lot of people on here are. You would have no clue whether or not that particular horse was for sale off the thread, pics, and video she posted... You would have to go to her webiste to see his ad, and many of us have links in our signatures to our webpages that include a sales page. I know mine does.
    www.southcross.com

I too didn't get to watch the real video of him going around! I wouldn't have known he was for sale unless I went to her website. There are normally much more blatant sales horses posted but I don't think this is an instance of that. Or didn't seem like her pushing his sale to me.

I am generally very interested in all of the greenie brags out there, regardless of if the horse is for sale. It gives me hope with my guy! As well as ideas and thoughts etc.
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

You looking for this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLgw4OK7XE&feature=plcp

TR has some super nice Pintos.
    Last edited by pds; Jul. 25, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    You looking for this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLgw4OK7XE&feature=plcp

TR has some super nice Pintos.

My guy Sammy is also by Simpatico and I'm having so much fun with him. He is not for sale not under any circumstances.

Gymnastic
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151039521514837

Bank
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151039452004837
    Your face book links don't work . Hit refresh and copy the link on the bottom of the page to get public links.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I can't decide if I should saddle up the drama llama, dust off the clue bat, or get out my soapbox.

Thanks guys! I was just curious!

If it really did get the boot due to a "sales" ad...thats bogus! nothing even said anything about him being for sale. The video definitely doesnt now that I can see it.

Like someone else said- MANY people have links to their barn sites on their sig lines- which pretty much ALL barn sites have SALES pages...sooooo I am not sure why a Moderator would get rid of TR's thread. We all LOVE to see the progress her young ones make- there is NOTHING wrong with a simple brag about his first show! MANY people post those brags. Im not sure how that thread got the boot yet SO many pricing threads make the cut- or even brag threads where the video clearly states "for sale"- TR's does NOT say that!

Hopefully the Moderators are reading this to realize getting rid of her thread for a reason that doesnt even pertain to that thread.

TR- as always- your boy looks fabulous! He is my favorite of all of yours!
    "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

Wow. Thanks for sharing the video! He's quite the looker and I hope TR is able to share more about him as he progresses. He looks like he'll go far!

If only Barka were here to make things right...

Quote Originally Posted by hntrjmprpro45 View Post
    If only Barka were here to make things right...
    I'm stealing this I think it looks nice in my sig with my farm's website link that includes a sales page if you search hard enough.
    www.southcross.com

Hi all, thanks for the kind words!

I think I will make a folder on my webshots page that is just for COTH that doesn't say anything about the horse in particular and perhaps they will let those photos be used?

pds, I'm so glad you're having a great time with Sammy, he's wonderful! Maybe we'll get to see you in Conyers next spring? We could have a pinto party.

Count me in on the Pinto Party! We hope to be in Conyers for the November shows. Will you be there?

Hummm, I didn't know they had shows in November. Now that you mention it I will have to investigate. Classic Company show?

Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Hummm, I didn't know they had shows in November. Now that you mention it I will have to investigate. Classic Company show?
    Yep Classic Company. Atlanta Fall Classic Nov. 7-11
    Nov. 14-18

I really like these because the days temps are usually pretty nice (not so darn hot/humid).