The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Karen O'Connor needs Olympic tickets!

Seriously, I spoke with her today, and she says that several team riders are still trying to get ahold of extra tickets for family and friends. If anyone has Olympic eventing tickets they aren't going to be able to use, please send me a PM ASAP. Thanks!

Bump!

You would think the Canadian National Team coach could help her out there.

Each athlete gets two--Karen's giving hers to her mother and sister-in-law, and I think she's good with that. But other eventers have other family members/owners that they'd like to have watching them. Hard to blame them!

It's hard to believe each athlete only gets two! Even if they were not complimentary, they really should set aside a few more, that's ridiculous!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

I have to say that this is not the first that I have heard about ticket debacles for our team this year. Apparently there were no hotel rooms reserved for any significant others and we only picked the team a few weeks ago so the spouses and family members were scrambling and couldn't even find open rooms. I'm not saying the USEF should PAY for the rooms or even the tickets but they could reserve them in blocks and I'm sure you could get SOMEONE to take them off your hands if they don't need them.

In addition, apparently the tickets that were comp'ed are not all together so a bunch of the spouses and owners are just planning to watch in the supporter's tent on the live feed because, for instance, Silva would rather watch on a live feed with her mother by her side than in the nosebleeds alone.

I realize that these are 1st world problems but it seems like really poor foresight and a pretty minimal cost (compared to flying the horses over, stabling, etc. etc. etc.). This might very well be the biggest moment in these people's lives and they are going to be sitting alone in the stands with no one to share it with. I'm pretty surprised by all of this. We knew we had a team going 2 YEARS ago after the WEG.... ???
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" Immanuel Kant

Default EN posting re: tickets

I remember about 4 days ago seeing a post on Eventing Nation that a Mrs Codgell (not sure on spelling) was looking to sell her tickets. Any relation to the Fork HT??? Anyway not sure if the post is still there or tix still avail. Or maybe contact EN directly to find out when it was posted

That's Sinead's mother, I think? Sad, but I guess they don't think she's going to get to ride.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Quote Originally Posted by VicariousRider View Post
    I have to say that this is not the first that I have heard about ticket debacles for our team this year. Apparently there were no hotel rooms reserved for any significant others and we only picked the team a few weeks ago so the spouses and family members were scrambling and couldn't even find open rooms. I'm not saying the USEF should PAY for the rooms or even the tickets but they could reserve them in blocks and I'm sure you could get SOMEONE to take them off your hands if they don't need them.

In addition, apparently the tickets that were comp'ed are not all together so a bunch of the spouses and owners are just planning to watch in the supporter's tent on the live feed because, for instance, Silva would rather watch on a live feed with her mother by her side than in the nosebleeds alone.

I realize that these are 1st world problems but it seems like really poor foresight and a pretty minimal cost (compared to flying the horses over, stabling, etc. etc. etc.). This might very well be the biggest moment in these people's lives and they are going to be sitting alone in the stands with no one to share it with. I'm pretty surprised by all of this. We knew we had a team going 2 YEARS ago after the WEG.... ???
    We have a friend going from Track and Field, and it seems this is a problem across the board. At least in T&F, you have a pretty good idea if you are going or not. Unlike Equestrian, but it would appear that it's not just us equestrians that get the shaft....it's all sports. Seems odd though, because face it, without those parents, supporters, owners, most of em wouldn't be there. You would think the Powers that Be, would be sure to at least make motel reservations in blocks....
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

PM sent
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid