The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Boarding barns or pastures/barns for rent in Salisbury, MD area?

It seems that no one has any room or they want an arm and a leg for simple pasture board. I do not need anything fancy. Field board is preferred (w/shelter) and a suitable flat area to ride (I don't care if it's an actual ring). If you know of anyone I've got 2 geldings I'm looking to board in the area starting September 1. Thanks!
    Loved. Thankful. Blessed.

Lucky Break, if you get on FB -- check out the Eastern shore horse network list. There are often quite a few people who might have board for what you want to pay....not sure what you think is reasonable, though. I suppose I am in the arm and a leg category -- I start at $350/month full board which includes 24/7 management on premises. I feed grain three times a day, hay, and have grass pasture that is not overgrazed to the point of being simply dirt and weeds. I tend my fences, drag my ring daily, have a dirt track AND a shavings track to hack on. My barn has hot and cold water plus a wash rack. In winter, I blanket and unblanket. I think I am reasonable for my area, I think a few charge more and there are plenty who charge less but offer less, too.

I would love to have you come by and see what we do here -- but I am 40 minutes from Salisbury, which might be too far for you. I know a great person in Salisbury right in town practically. I am not sure if she has space but if you message me I can provide her name.

Good luck.
    "It is the life you lead and the work you do every day that makes you the rider you want to be. It has nothing to do with competing."
    http://eventingnation.com/i-want-to-ride/