The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Boarding barns or pastures/barns for rent in Salisbury, MD area?

It seems that no one has any room or they want an arm and a leg for simple pasture board. I do not need anything fancy. Field board is preferred (w/shelter) and a suitable flat area to ride (I don't care if it's an actual ring). If you know of anyone I've got 2 geldings I'm looking to board in the area starting September 1. Thanks!
    Loved. Thankful. Blessed.

Lucky Break, if you get on FB -- check out the Eastern shore horse network list. There are often quite a few people who might have board for what you want to pay....not sure what you think is reasonable, though. I suppose I am in the arm and a leg category -- I start at $350/month full board which includes 24/7 management on premises. I feed grain three times a day, hay, and have grass pasture that is not overgrazed to the point of being simply dirt and weeds. I tend my fences, drag my ring daily, have a dirt track AND a shavings track to hack on. My barn has hot and cold water plus a wash rack. In winter, I blanket and unblanket. I think I am reasonable for my area, I think a few charge more and there are plenty who charge less but offer less, too.

I would love to have you come by and see what we do here -- but I am 40 minutes from Salisbury, which might be too far for you. I know a great person in Salisbury right in town practically. I am not sure if she has space but if you message me I can provide her name.

Good luck.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com