The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Follow all the Equestrian events here in one spot!

We're providing this forum as a place to follow all the Olympic equestrian events in one place. Follow all the disciplines in one spot, discussing the pre-Games events, the competitions themselves, and any aftermath with your fellow COTHers.

Chronicle staffers covering the Games will also post links to coverage here as well.

Enjoy!
    Mod 1

Thanks Mods!
    Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins.

You guys are GREAT, thanks Mods!
    “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.” ~Emerson

Thanks - how about an FAQs/Reference section (ie; to prevent people constantly asking where to watch it on tv etc)
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Please tell me I'm not the only one that TOTALLY GEEKED OUT over seeing this thread open up.
    "The best hearts are ever the bravest"

Quote Originally Posted by allikat819 View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the only one that TOTALLY GEEKED OUT over seeing this thread open up.
    I doubt it.

I am not sure about geeked out but I did think it was a great idea.

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

Quote Originally Posted by allikat819 View Post
    Nope! I definitely did, too.

Thanks, Mods. You all rock
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

this is awesome! i'm going to the jumping games in london to watch for my senior trip! (not the whole thing.. that would be terribly more expensive than it already is) this is great though because now i can follow them before i get there and after i leave. thanks! (:

for us USians, here is how you can watch it live.... and yep, i broke down and paid for a cable subscription just so i can watch dressage live....

http://www.nbcolympics.com/index.html

Default for the mods over there

I know we have stellar photogs from COTH. I know the photo journalists from H&H are good too, but the xc photos left me with a desire for MORE! Can you snap a few to give us a better idea of the hilly landscape, and a shot of the spreads, like that crazy ring of Saturn? You guys always do a stellar job, and I know you know we are hanging on every shot!
    On the few times I have ever photographed a 4* course, I took lots of side shots to see the magnitude of the spread, or the depth of the drop. Of course, they were for only my own enjoyment too!
    I know you will do your best, which is excellent, and we are all, [speaking in the Royal we,] hanging on your every word. And Shot.
    Let the games begin!!!!!!
    Another killer of threads

Not sure if people in the USA can access CTV, Sportsnet etc but check it out to see...they are covering all the equestrian!!

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/cha...ust-25168.html

Edited to add: if it does let you, click on schedule and look for any of the equestrian that has been broadcast (ie, dressage early this morning) and you can rewatch it!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!