The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trying to find a poem posted on COTH forum

It was all of 5-6 lines long and was buried in a thread, but the gist of the poem went something like this...

What you think determines your words
    Your words determine your actions
    Your actions define your character
    Your character defines your destiny

Something along these lines....said very simply but much more eloquently.....

There are a few variations, but here is one.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

or

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
    Your thoughts become your words,
    Your words become your actions,
    Your actions become your habits,
    Your habits become your values,
    Your values become your destiny.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

I was hoping someone was looking for "The Fiery River Under the Rainbow Bridge"
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Can you tell me The Fiery Rver Under The rainbow bridge?

..love these threads - may we all aspire.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy60 View Post
    Can you tell me The Fiery Rver Under The rainbow bridge?
    ditto,
    Wings can you post the poem?
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

I've got it on a thumbdrive at home and will try to remember to find it. I wish I could take credit, it is a work of art.

Someone with LOTS of time on their hands can search for it on the Favorites Forum here. A google search for Fiery River Under brings up that topic with a reference to DMK
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Default I found it!

Jetsmom had posted it

"DMK will not be dispatched over the Rainbow Bridge, but instead to a lesser known place called "The Fiery River Under the Rainbow Bridge" (Courtesy of Fleur and Garcell of TMP)"

Just this side of Hell is a place called The Fiery River Under the Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially bad behaved to someone here, that pet goes to The Fiery River Under the Rainbow Bridge. There are high fences and heavily locked gates for all of our "special" friends so they can't get out of the yard or release all of their little friends from their own stalls. There are plenty of draw reins, dressage whips and tacked nosebands and our friends are grumpy and irritated.

All of the animals who had been good at biting, bucking or kicking are condemned to have a small child pull their tails and ears and grab their weiners for all eternity. Those who hurt or maimed people are used as theraputic riding horses for retarded demons just as we wished for them in our dreams of days gone by. The animals are annoyed and regretful except for one small thing; they each miss the person for whom they behaved badly, who was lucky enough to survive them.

They all pin their ears and swish their tails together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His vengeful eyes narrow. His pissed off body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the fiery pits and grassless ground, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your "special" friend finally meet, he bites you and you smack him. The torrent of swears erupts from your face; your hands again wring in anxiety at the idea of having to deal with the beast, and you look once more into the conniving eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but unfortunately, never absent from your memory.
    Then you sigh, and jump into the Fiery River together...