The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does anyone have a horse for my husband? (near Pittsburgh)

Now that we have this gorgeous farm, my husband needs ( and I mean needs lol ) someone to pal around with. He needs a partner in crime, someone who can be his best friend in the barn. My husband is a beginner but he has that daredevil streak running through him. My husband is a 36 year old big kid lol
    We are looking for a gelding who's been there done that but wants to do it again. My DH rides Western and wants a gelding who likes to go out and ride the trails but may like to take a jump or 2. (My husband said he would event with me if he didnt have to a.) Do dressage and b.) Wear stretchy pants that shows off his butt. but in reality, ne may just WTC here and there. My hubby is never going to compete so we want him to find someone he can play with and spoil.
    So I'm trying to find the impossible probably...a gelding that had that in your face puppy dog personality that is sound enough to gallop off into the sunset but is the kind of horse who will steal your hat and make you chase him to get it back. We are looking for personality and soundness. Coor isn't important neither is breed but it has to be a gelding as I have a retired stallion so our farm has a strict no mares policy. Age isn't too important either.
    We are located near Pittsburgh and want to look close to that area. If you have someone who might fit please shoot me a text or give me a call (724)987-8469 or PM me.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Chachie; Jul. 17, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Over where it's HI in the middle and round on both ends.

My friend needs to find a home for a couple of her geldings. I will ask her if one of her boys would be suitable. She is about 45 mins from Pittsburgh.
    My mom didn't raise no jellybean salesman!

Ok thanks. We are willing to go to Ohio and WVa too, the Northern Panhandle area as we are in the Tri-State area. Thanks again

We are still looking

Chachie,
    We have a gelding down here in a rescue type situation. He's around 16 hands, paint/TB mix. 18 years old, black and white overo. He is miserable as he has a horrible allergy to the sand gnats that run rampant down here. He's sound and has an amazing personality. He does need weight and likely ulcer treatment, but he is free to a good home. I'd be more than happy to haul him up there for you as I'm from Pittsburgh and it would be very easy for me to overnight there.

Let me know if you'd be interested in more info/photos. He's a great guy with loads of life left in him. Has shown and has fox hunted. He just needs to move north. I know this is well out of your search area, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

1 members found this post helpful.

you could try pennswoods.net and go to the classified section, lots of horses there.