The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another bloodline question!

I bought an AQHA gelding in May and after completing the ownership transfer, I got curious about his pedigree. I don't know much about AQHA bloodlines (or any bloodlines for that matter!) but I was told that the farm he came from was breeding barrel horses and I can see that he definitely has speed genes!! Dash for Cash was one of the names I recognized immediately. His breeder appears to be heavily involved in the racing industry from what I gather when I google her name. Can anyone tell me anything more about his bloodlines? I'm not sure of my plans for him yet (I come from a H/J background) but he's very smart and very level-headed which makes him a "catch" in my book, regardless of his papers.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/dashin+hero2

And here is a not so great cell phone pic of him from the day I bought him
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

Hi.

I count six Hall of Fame horses in your horse's pedigree, all of them racehorses.

Rocket Wrangler
    Dash For Cash
    Easy Jet
    Jet Deck
    Top Deck
    Beduino (TB)

Those horses are all pretty far back in his pedigree, though. His sire, Dashin Chico, had a short track career and a top speed index of 103.

Dashin Hero never raced on the track, but horses from the Rocket Wrangler/Dash For Cash bloodlines are known for their kindness and are particular favorites of barrel racers. It's possible you could have a gymkhana winner on your hands.

Or just a nice horse that you like a lot

Nice!! I really like how he's bred ..and you're right he should have speed ...and if he has a good mind that is just the frosting on the cake

So many times you hear 'on the papers' and it is a big pet peeve of mine ... but this guy has a lot of good horses back to back ... no holes in his bloodlines.

Mostly running QH, but plenty of the great ones, Easy Jet, Go Man Go, Rocket Wrangler, Dash For Cash, etc. ... his dam like has some good foundation bloodlines with Joak and Billy Van ... I also like the TB breeding with Azure Te, Top Deck ...

I think he has a nice mix of bloodlines for speed, performance and maybe even dressage.

Enjoy...

His owner had originally purchased his dam from the breeder but just before she shipped out, they realized she was in foal. So he got a two for one deal They told him the reason they were selling the mare was because she and the stallion kept throwing babies that were too quiet to suit them. So the man bought her and 3 other siblings of my horse. All of them were/are very sane, level-headed horses so it's funny to think they all have so much racing blood in them. I've known this horse since he was a foal and the man I purchased him from was a former trainer of mine for many years, so in the end, that means more to me than papers

Very interesting to learn more about his roots though! Thanks for the info!
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Speed, all speed and Damn.....

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/dashin+chico
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN
    http://www.facebook.com/alicia.cuver...icia.cuvertino

Quote Originally Posted by RRD View Post
    Speed, all speed and Damn.....

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/dashin+chico
    Yup, this gal's horse's grandsire is gorgeous.

Mine's grandpa is Dash for Cash. He has a cute jump and gets a piece of the hack too. Here he is with my trainer last spring:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...61533091_n.jpg

My farrier says the Dash for Cash's tend to have crooked legs though! Touch wood, mine is going fine, but moved down to 2'6" for me, at 15. Very kind horse for me now.
    friend of bar.ka

Nicely bred for a running horse.
    Will be interesting to hear what you do with him.

If you look back through the pedigree, what you find is that Chick's Beduino , Dashin Linda, and Real Ease (3 of the 4 grandparents) are all 7/8 TB. Pal's Deck A Van is pretty much bred from Foundation QH lines, though she herself is 1/4 TB and traces back to Joe Hancock and others that had lots of TB blood in them also.

So...you pretty much have a sprinting-bred TB with a little bit of foundation QH lines thrown in...cool!

He's handsome, I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by craz4crtrs View Post
    Yup, this gal's horse's grandsire is gorgeous.
    Sire
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
    Mine's grandpa is Dash for Cash. He has a cute jump and gets a piece of the hack too. Here he is with my trainer last spring:

My farrier says the Dash for Cash's tend to have crooked legs though! Touch wood, mine is going fine, but moved down to 2'6" for me, at 15. Very kind horse for me now.
    Nice pic! I love your horse's form over the fence
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Sire
    LOL, ok sire. I was going from memory not facts I guess. Regardless....gorgeous. Love that big fanny.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

Very cool! He's cute! I think my guy is going to have a jump on him too. I've only popped over some crossrails with him but he's got a serious motor! He hadn't been ridden in a year and a half when I bought him so we're taking it slow and going back to some basics. He just turned 9 but he's actually still fairly green - was started slow and late. Former owner gave me a photo from a fun/game show of him in a knock-down-and-out class sailing over 4ft like he's taking a stroll through the park So it will be very interesting to see what he can do!

Horrible bloodlines, ugly horse! That being said, if you need me to get rid of him for you, just let me know! : )

Congratulations! It looks like you got a good one! I hope you enjoy him!

Excellent running qh bloodlines. I like this in a qh. He should be very athletic. Most of the horses in his pedigree can be found in qh pedigree books.

Quote Originally Posted by craz4crtrs View Post
    Regardless....gorgeous. Love that big fanny.
    Exactly .....I like big butts! and I cannot lie....
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN

.....Lesson one: only trust people that like big butts.....

They cannot lie
    Last edited by RRD; Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN

.....Lesson one: only trust people that like big butts.....

They cannot lie

I saw a cartoon with this saying on FB this past week and I was LOLing!

Just curious. How many horse owners buy a registered horse, in this case QH, without doing the research before you buy?

I would have thought it would have been just one of the things someone would automatically do, like a pre-purchase exam.