The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kerrits Microcord

Anybody have these? Hows the seat? Is there enough stretch and grip? Im looking for a back up pair of whites for an upcoming show--and my FITS are looking a bit grunge.

I LOVE mine. They retain their shape well. The seat is good. I am happy with the grip it provides (I have a very slippery saddle).
    Sheilah

Love them. Cool in FL heat. Seat is not sticky, just right. Lots of stretch for my fluffy thighs. Actually, microcord full seats are just about the only breeches I wear during the summer heat....That said, the whites are not as opaque as one would like - I wear a pair of capri-length shapers underneath....

L

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Short waisted? Buy them. Long waisted? Run away...unless you like them digging into your crotch.

Old ones with leather seats and long waists? LOVE THEM! Hate the new ones...because I have a long waist.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

I LOVE these. I have knee patch version. I wish they came in more colors, I have one of each. They are super comfy, don't sag, stretch in all the right places, etc

They are super flattering, BUT I went up a size so they don't give me a horrid front wedgie. Since they are stretchy the larger size fit as well.

They also run small in size, I have to go up a size because the waist is smaller. JMHO.
    ~Equine Jewelry~
    Used Saddles For Sale
    www.divadesigns.biz

Hmmm, I don't think they run small.... they are one of the only ones that fit my thighs and don't give me a loose waist!
    But I agree regarding the new rise..... much prefer the old rise!

L

LOVE them!

Only full seats I like to wear now. V-front panel is super comfy and smooth under form fitted polos, I am short waisted and long legged so while they fit my waist and thighs great they do run short. Not really a problem.

They are super comfy and I only wish they came in more colors!

Also, ditto surprise on size comment. I wore the same size (large, comfortable fit though I have to pull them up a bit every now and then) whether I'm at target weight or 20lbs over target weight! Another reason to love them.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by lorilu View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think they run small.... they are one of the only ones that fit my thighs and don't give me a loose waist!
    But I agree regarding the new rise..... much prefer the old rise!

L
    I wish they'd go back. I'm tired of everyone with a long waist looking like they have plummer's butt.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

I love mine too, but like all Kerrits they are too long for me and I have to roll up the bottoms.
    Elisha

Just checking back in to say thank you for everyones input--I've gone ahead and ordered a pair--and well the price is just so right for someone who shows infrequently. As much as I love the FITs my white ones have become strangely discolored despite infrequent use and immediate attention post show.

I think you will be happy with them. I have two pair of microcord bootcut KP and one pair of microcord full seat. I love them. They are very comfortable, even in the miserably hot and humid Virginia summers. I am both short and short-waisted and I love the flow-rise waist. I find it very comfy.