The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I feel like if I rode one I would squish it with my big butt. I'm just not a fan of the super skinny look with point hip bones.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia

sheesh...............gimme a shed-out hafie,with the dapples and platinum mane and tail any day over that fella!

The glow is lovely. Other than that no thanks.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

It's an Ahkal Teke. They're lean and muscular and they glow. There's a poster here who has a meaty Teke that I love looking at, but I forget her name. She's in Europe somewhere

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox View Post
    Looks like a greyhound...and what is up with the creepy captions?
    Agreed! They obviously don't know it's a boy...

Yet another example that beauty is defined as freakishly tall and skinny regardless of species.

Interesting breed and I've got a horsey pal who just loves them.

Me- I'm into fat bay mares Just look in my barn.

The STALLION...

(why couldn't the blog writer look at the dangly bits pretty evident in the photos to realize it's a BOY???)

looks like he'd be the prized possession of Dr. Evil Mr. Wigglesworth equine equivalent.

lol like I said, tons of my non-horsey friends have been sending it to me saying it's the "prettiest horse in the world" as if it were a literal thing. I've been telling them it looks more like a blue-eyed deer than a horse and they all call me cynical lol. I also tell them that my dappled bay irish sport horse is WAY prettier But they all just think I'm biased haha.

So what do they generally use Ahkal Tekes for? I've heard of the breed before but I don't really know much about them. I told one of my friends it looks like an anorexic thoroughbred lol. I'm sure they're capable of showjumping but idk how many people would want to jump something so itty bitty and skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post

Give me a good TB any day. (Or a proper heavyweight hunter. )

He sure is shiny. His hairless pink face looks a little creepy to me though. Maybe they should've used a 10 blade instead of a 40
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Not only would I not describe this horse as the "prettiest"; I find it remarkably unattractive.
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.ph...4077479.193221

Not that it's not already obvious, but it definitely looks like that second picture was heavily photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Supposedly they have that sheen because their hairs are hollow. Not my idea of pretty, though.

Perhaps it could be considered the anti-Gypsy Vanner -- except for the price.

To me, this is pretty -- all 20 hands of him!
    Oooooo, I just LOVE Shires!

I find the kind of Tekes that are popular these days rather creepy looking. Bu even more creepy is how the people doing the captions did not realize that this is a MALE
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

Well, he's prettier than the average QH that I see in 90% of people's backyards in Idaho but I always have liked unique things. I looked into them when the Nez Perce started crossing them w/Appies but couldn't get past the ewe neck that MOST have.

I am thinking they don't keep horses hog fat in that area of the world. None of the people are very "well fed" either! Horses are probably pastured, not grained much.

Could be the "beautiful horse" remarks are translated from another language with a program, and stuff didn't get a good change-over from the original language. Maybe their phone did spell check and really messed the posting up! Would explain the oddities that make no sense, like stallion shown, filly caption. I do think the horse is young, not fully developed yet in a lot of the photos.

And while you folks don't like ribs showing, horse looks EXTREMELY fit for any kind of work. He is not "skinny" thin, just lean with his muscling. Again, most equines in Turkistan, don't get the grain diet of USA or European competition horses. Horses usually live off the land, get worked so they don't get fat.

I like him except for his too-light colors. Not my favorite horse colors. Does look quite sunburned on his light skin and face in some photos. But he is not the pampered darling of an American owner who would cover him up to prevent sunburn. Looks like he will end up being a nice horse to use when he matures. Even "lightly built" he looks like he can do a good days work, be ready to go again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JBCool View Post
    Ick! Reminds me of those hairless cats, which always creeped me out (no offense if you like those cats, just sayin'). The only caption I thought was right was the supermodel reference: too skinny and too made up (photoshopped) for everyday life.
    I love those hairless cats -I think they are mesmerizing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zpagjlJkx5...perseyblue.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B8obDaMp3B...-picture-3.jpg

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

I like him, not much wrong except that colour. He looks fit and healthy but I am used to lean, fit horses. Thing with that body type is they look thin even when you know better. Way back, there was an infusion of Akhal-Teke into the English Thoroughbred and those genes were passed down through the generations. There are a fair number of Standardbreds that have that metallic sheen, albeit not so intense on the darker colours, the body type and the hooded eyes (some have one or two, others have all three); I am certain some of that look is still retained in some TB lines as well
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

I like hairless cats, they feel like velvet. I'd never have one unless I moved some place warmer. I barely keep my house warm enough for our chihuahua, but then again he thinks the air conditioner set at 78 is too cold!

Hmph, I own the prettiest horse in the world!

Well she thinks she is anyway lol. Such a poser and a flirt.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...EllaCanter.jpg

I actually quite like the Tekes but not a fan of the pink head look! I'm not sure about criticising the way its put together tho, as someone has in the comments. Tekes are just not built like other horses, as people have already pointed out on this thread.

Why clip his entire mane and forelock with a 40 blade and leave hairy ears and a hairy muzzle?

And my idea of perfect looks a little more like https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

or

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

I vote for "Ew". He ranks right up there with male models that have overdone the "man-scaping".

Give me a big, meaty fella with some body hair and muscles, and a little bit of padding. I guess that's the equine equivalent of a nicely-built quarter horse!
    Alis volat propriis.