The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kennel Warming Party!

I am so excited! I received an invitation to a Kennel Warming! I have heard that the barn and kennels are very nice. They are going to ride out with the hounds, bring them back and then the party begins.

I will be taking a camera and if allowed will post pictures after this weekend.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

I'll be there with my human kiddo, so look for us! (I think I'm the only GCH member with an elementary-aged child.)
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

I sure wish I could be there but I will be stuck in MD. I am sure the kennels are beautiful. Enjoy.

Amazing setting. The place looks like it goes on forever because it is surrounded by Forest Service land. Kennels are gorgeous. Radiant floor heat, clean as a whistle and the calmest, most well behaved hounds I have ever seen.

The best part~four week old hound puppies. So sweet and soft.

Meet Rivenoak! and her son William.

and of course, I had a tour of the barn and hunt horses. I want to move in.

I was so enthralled I forgot to get a picture.

If you are a fox hunter and in Northern Arizona for any reason, you should contact Grand Canyon Hounds and go out with them. I believe they have hunt horses to lease.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

So glad I got to meet ctanner!

The puppies were the best part of the evening, I think.

We went back to the kennels today to pick up my beagles and the puppies were sleeping soundly on their carpet. I'm sure they were worn out with all the lovin' they got.

I think my son took some pictures, but haven't looked in the camera yet. If there's anything suitable, I'll post it.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

It was a delightful gathering--and who knew we had THREE COTHer's--maybe more?--in attendance! There were 19 riders, plus three staff on the hound exercise portion of the evening. The weather was glorious, with the on and off sprinkles and ominous clouds moving off just in time. We returned to start the party after a nice hour's hack.

Seeing so many friends from years gone by, and meeting new folks took precedence. Luckily, DH and I had gotten a preview tour. The kennels are a showplace, designed for ease of use and superior hound care, but they are also just plain gorgeous.

After two hours of mingling, eating the great catered barbeque fare and imbibing, the storms returned and guests scattered. Thunder and lightning and rain, oh my. Flagstaff has been in desperate drought, so it was most welcome. We're looking forward to a summer of twice-weekly hound walks and the occasional pot luck. We're very lucky to have a Master who keeps the socializing alive even when we aren't hunting. A huge thank you to Paul and Joann Delaney.

Thumbs up pics please!

I'm thinking we need some pictures please! Love to see kennels & pups! And a new one at that!