The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Woo-Hoo! Amwell Valley hosts Hunter Trials!!!

It's been several years since the AVH has hosted a Hunter Trials and this year marks its rebirth! Mark your calendars for 9/29 (30th rain date). I'm so very excited we're putting one together - and we have an amazing committee to pull off a spectacular event! We have the Bucks County Horse Park manager as Show Secretary and liason, a talented grounds staff to help the show run in a timely manner, and some new classes for those (yup, including myself) who aren't ready to show off over a 2'9 - 3' course yet... Nice, easy, low, and FUN!!!! We can enjoy watching the braver, more talented riders make the larger course look like a piece of cake.

I'd love to see some COTH'ers show up to support us! Vendor village, tailgating,and more. Rumor has we have a couple of great judges lined up! I will have room for out of town four legged guests, as will others in the Hunt! I hope to see some of you there!

Details will be forthcoming on our website - www.avhounds.org
    Last edited by pleasantmeadowfarm; Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

So that's coth hunt, then Hinderella hunt, then Amwell hunter trials? Then Va hunt weeks and opening meets and more foxhunting. We are going to have some fit hunters this Fall!
    ( Don't forget the Hunt Balls, too...)
    Intermediate Riding Skills

Wooooohooooo. So great to hear this is coming back.

I'm hoping to make it down. I'd love to see the Hunter trials! I don't know if Mr. Hinderella will come along, as horses make him sneeze . But he might, if the other DHs are there.
    Wow, the Hinderella Hunt....who knew that a newbie could get a hunt named after her

Default Yay!!!

Whicker and Hinderella... There's a lovely B&B right around the corner (that Whicker can vouch for) from me that gives my pals a discount... Perhaps we can get a group together and get an even bigger discount! Hinderella, part of my job on the Hunter Trial Committee is to get people to show... I've got a few ponies that I'm bringing... think you'll be brave enough to don your gear and hop on a steady one for a flat class or two???

Flashwhitelock, are you in the NJ area? Did you participate in a AVH Hunter Trial in the past? If so, I hope you can join us!

I want to come to your party, so Hinderella better come, too. Maybe we can do a hunt team with Pleasantmeadow. It would be named for the occasion "the coth newbies hunt".
    Quaking in our boots is required, lol!

Default Whicker - I hope you know you're ALWAYS invited!!!

Whicker - I hope you mark this trip north on your calendar now! Whether you bring one of your diva's or ride one of mine - A team we shall be! If your back can stand it - Queen B can be yours for the day~ What a time we will have!

As soon as the date for the Hunt Ball is announced a note will soon go out, so we can reserve OUR table!

What say you Hinderella? DH's will have a wonderful time too!

I'm very flattered that you would consider me for your team. And amazingly, i'm thinking that maybe I could! It's amazing because the last ( and only) time I ever showed I wore rust breeches, an olive green jacket and a styrofoam lined helmet with no chin strap. AMC was not the movie channel, it was a company that made a car called the Gremlin. And Gerald Ford was president.

Do you still want me on a team?

Hinderella,
    Of course we want you! I'll even let you have first dibs on The Perfect Pony. He is amazing. I hope to bring one of the Divas. By then, both my back and the mares should be going better. That b&b around the corner from Pleasant Meadow is lovely, too...

Anyone else want to join the party?

Hinderella,

I just recently picked up a pair of rust breeches at a 4-H tack sale from the Gremlin era and dropped them off at the tailor's for a bit of work. Personally, I was driving around in super fat Ford Fairmont. Now that car had CLASS!

You obviously come from a classic background, and yes, I'd be thrilled to have you on my team... I know you've upgraded the jacket since then, you're golden

Whicker,

I'll have my fingers crossed that either one of your gorgeous divas can make an appearance as well. Stunning

Stalls will be made available to those willing to make the trek!!! Come join the party ladies and gents!
    Last edited by pleasantmeadowfarm; Jun. 16, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

PMF, I have updated my jacket, but my tweed is still olive green-ish. I'll have to email you for more information about this thing called "showing" Who knows, if I can get my act together and find a trailer, maybe I can bring my own perfect pony!

Default AVH Hunter Trial - Prize List posted!!!!!

We're on a roll! The prize list is posted on the AVH website, and we've already received inquiries from a number of hunt members interested in participating. I hope to see a number of new faces!

http://www.avhounds.org

Visit the Hunter Trial page for more details!!!!

Where's the crossrails & cocktails class?

If I bring DH, we can go for best tailgate

Shoot, it looks like the cross rail classes were stricken from the prize list. 2'3" appears to be the lowest over fences classes available... aside from the flat classes

I have a feeling the best tailgate award will be as nice as any division award, and for good reason

So J, would you like a prize for the highest placing Irish Draught/I.D. Sport Horse?!!!
    I have a really cool saddle pad with the IDHSNA Logo, or a bridle bag or polo wraps, also with the IDHSNA Logo!
    Just let me know!
    Ann

I guess I can keep working on my skills over the summer. I told DH I might have to fail in the flat class only...but if you're going to fail anyway...

It all looks like lots of fun. BTW, I wasn't able to print either the show schedule or the entry form.

Default No failing allowed - just fun!

As it will probably be your first show in quite some time, let's stick to a flat class to ease your tension. Mr. Perfect will keep you safe and all you'll have to do is sit there lookin' pretty!

I just printed out everything. Let me know if you figure out the printing snafu.

Cool Protest!

I'm lodging a protest!!
    I need the cross rails class! Actually, how about an entire division?
    Seriously, sort of, is there going to be real water, as in stream crossing? If so, do we have permission to have snorkels and goggles for our mounts? What about fake water, a.k.a. liverpool?

I wasn't able to bring up the entry form on the first try, but it did show up on the second effort.

Your hunt has soo much fun at their events. Can't wait!

Able to print now, perhaps it was my error or my new operating system.

Whicker, until the recent dry spell I got plenty of practice on water, as we had a HUGE puddle in one corner of our arena, and we stuck a jump in the middle of it.

Default AWM - Counting on it!!!!

AWM, Yes, by all means - I'd love to pass on the saddle pad to the highest placing ID/IDSH at our Hunter Trials. I'd be happy to cover the cost of a championship ribbon as well. I've already reached out to breeders/owners in the area to inform them, and I'm sure we'll add something to the website mentioning it!

Care to make the trip down for a fabulous tailgate party???

Quote Originally Posted by awm View Post
    So J, would you like a prize for the highest placing Irish Draught/I.D. Sport Horse?!!!
    I have a really cool saddle pad with the IDHSNA Logo, or a bridle bag or polo wraps, also with the IDHSNA Logo!
    Just let me know!
    Ann