The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Car advice

I'm contemplating replacing my beloved Toyota truck (200K+) in the next year. I grew up with Subarus and love them...looking for something comparable to that, but a very big fan of my Toyotas reliability. My criteria:
    -30+ MPG
    -Seats 5 and has space for dogs and gear (no sedans)
    -AWD or 4WD
    -Adjustable seats (I'm 5'0" and have a heck of a time being comfortable in many cars, without sitting on the steering wheel!)

Thoughts? Considering RAV4, Honda CRV and Subaru Outback (I really like the aesthetics of the Outback over the other two...seems a little silly to buy a car on looks though!) Also- I am thinking to buy something made in the last 5 years -ish.
    Thanks!

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

There are a LOT of crossovers that would fit the bill for you. Check out the Mazdas. They have a couple versions this year, and some changes for 2013.

I have been looking, too. It's really interesting to see what's out there--and what isn't.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

I don't think the Rav4s get 30+ mpg. That said, I had one- a V6 Sport- and absolutely LOVED that car. Best car I had before I bought my German ones. The lay-out was great and had more room than the Subaru Forester I had previously. It also drove much better than the Forester. The only downside was the back door opens sideways, which can be a problem if you're parked on street.