The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I don't think you are going to find a Tail male Ladykiller pure TB anywhere. Blue Peter lives today mostly through his damsire position in Princely Gift, who is now also mostly found in the dam line.

We actually had a sport horse line in the US directly from Blue Peter through this horse until quite recently. http://www.pedigreequery.com/catch+a+murmur
    I believe he's dead now with no intact male descendants. Last I heard, which was about five years ago, his son Hail To Murmur was intact, but the breeder was going out of breeding, and Hail To Murmur might have been gelded--which would be a tragedy. I have no idea what happened to him.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

The Holsteiners used Shayga as a refining influence through Ramzes. It certainly worked for the Verband.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Jul. 8, 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Soleil Q here in the states seems to fit what you're looking for, but I have no idea if he's even available. Sunlight xx x Wolkenstein II x Lauries Crusador xx, approved Han.

http://www.horsetelex.nl/horses/pedigree/173073
    http://www.fredweberdressage.com/Soleil.html
    http://www.somedaysoonfarm.com/pages%20new/soleil.html
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

We owned a Blue Peter xx great grandson for 22 years (Trakehner by By Rights xx, a Blue Peter grandson) - toughest horse I ever met. Had I been a more accomplished rider, he would have gone really big places (as per German Team coach at the time ;-) Fantastic line.

Ramzes AA is still around in some lines today. Holsteiners used him, as did the Westfalians, and the Trakehners - and it is there that he can still be found in closer generations (Condus blood in the US for example).

We have lots of blue peter sons here in australia, and they can be found from 4 th generation onwards,we are lucky that way, also many sons of Precipitation and Tudor Melody

unfortunately alot of the stallions with these in them are still horrendously expensive at stud

there is also Mount Etnaxx at celle as well , he is more expensive than the others there, not sure why

if i thought i could get away with Bonaparte that would be great, but i do need very refining

or instead of TB i was thinking a Trak/TB/arab stallion, something like K2 from Sprehe or any of the other trak stallions around

its difficult knowing how refining some of them are as the Hohensteins for example and the Hofrats look pretty hefty dont they, not refined at all

very grateful for all the advice guys

Paulamc

If your mares are registered Holsteiner, even Australian Holsteiner, why not consult with your registry or the German Verband about their thoughts on Bonaparte N,? I know Celle is the Hanoverian Verband, but many of the horses they stand are also approved Holsteiner--as is Bonaparte. The Holsteiner Verband has Waterdance xx, Armand xx, and Cyrkon xx, but their blurbs say nothing about whether they are available frozen for export.

I know you're breeding for dressage, but the Holsteiner Verband owns an SF stallion named Fidelio du Donjon who is 96 % TB, very tall and rangy, with a pedigree to die for. He was a GP jumper himself in France. He takes a very different ride to excel than the German style, but that may just be the difference in training and riding style.

Private Holsteiner stallions that look very interesting are the Heraldik son Herald and Mighty Magic who has Mytens for sire and Heraldik for damsire, so he's 3/4 TB. Although MM has been bred for eventing, his dressage number is actually higher than his jumping number. 128 (85%) versus 108 (75%). The Olympic dressage horse for Poland Ekwador (H-Ekwador) WAS a stallion, may still be, and is by Heraldik. Mighty Magic has more than a few foals on the ground in the US, but most are out of TB mares. Refining wasn't a priority. But the Verband or your registry in connection with the Verband might have an opinion on MM's refining potential.

For a Trak who is long and lanky with a spectacular pedigree take a look at Laurel (Stan The Man xx out of a Pregel daughter) who stands at Marbach (Bad-Wu). All of the ones I've mentioned have exported frozen or will be exporting frozen, except possibly Herald, Ekwador and Fidelio.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

I know there have been some concerns about the stallion owner, but what about Esteban xx if it's possible for you to get his semen (provided you are looking to breed eventers)? He's approved Holsteiner and I believe he is the highest ranked living TB on the WBFSH Eventing rankings. He'd definitely be at the top of my list (if you're willing to consider importing your own semen).

I was also incorrect about the number of Likoto offspring on the WBFSH rankings; I believe there are only 4. I think I was getting the numbers mixed up with those of Esteban, who has more like 7 or 8 on the list and they are ranked as high as 23rd. (Still, it's a start for Likoto. I'd still be interested in him as a potential event/dressage sire.)

There are no TB sons of Heroicity standing in NZ but there is frozen semen available on him. He actually was bred and raced in Australia before coming to NZ to stand at stud.