The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default News Article: Ann Romney vs. Jacqueline Kennedy

Anyone have a place for Ann to ride in Washington, D.C./Maryland/VA?

http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-evo...153337009.html
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

LOL, I should be surprised if she were to need the barn put back up in DC

But I guess many COTHers would not mind giving her some horse time, regardless of political affiliation, just because she is a horse woman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

It would be hard to for her to find conservative friends in Loudoun county but like Alagirl said, just because she is a horse woman someone might befriend her.

We're not at all fancy down here but the Romney's would certainly be made welcome here buy almost everyone
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I doubt it will be anything tho worry about...

Well don't be surprised next year if you see Secret Service agents looking around your neighborhood.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

LOL, but that's probably for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Whoo hooo, Miiiiiiiike. You keep wanting to bring politics into horses, so I made a WHOLE thread for you on OT. Come on over and explain yourself and why ou think this is SO great.

I certainly hope there's no need for her to "find a place" to ride in the D. C. area. I'm sure she'll be happy to continue riding wherever she rides now.

The writer of that article should consult a map - Moorpark is not just north of La Jolla. It's at least a 3 hour drive- it's well north of Los Angeles. But, maybe that's why they own so many cars.

The Romney's don't own a lot of cars. They don't live nearly as extravagently as most people with their wealth. I do think it ironic that the media adored Jackie and no one said "boo" about her status as a society girl who married "beneath her station" and who grew up riding and hunting with the LI country gentry. Ann Romney was a nice middle class girl who met and married a very smart man. She was no "to the manner born" as Jackie was.

Please don't take this as bashing Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. She was a bright woman who (IMO) did a fine job raising her children well despite the era and it's pressures. She is a person I would love to have been able to meet. (I have friends who did meet her and thought her lovely.) Sadly, like Teresa Heinz Kerry she was never subject to the derision that Ann Romney has faced. Were she alive I doubt that Jackie would favor such treatment of a candidates spouse.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Thank you, Linny. Would loved to have met Jackie Kennedy and would l also like to Ann Romney. Both are classy women with a love of horses.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

Mr. Matson

i would hope that in the honorable Commonwealth of Virginia there is a Therapeutic Riding Center like (Loudoun Therapeutic Inc.) that would be most gracious to Mrs Romney. as riding is very beneficial for early on set of MS.

to think that a person's political affiliation would have any bearing on the need for therapeutic riding is IMO barbaric.