The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer

I switched to Firefox from I.E. about a year or so ago and now it keeps freezing on me. So, anyone have Google Chrome? Is it going to make web browsing so much better? I'm tired of freeze ups but don't want to return to IE unless I have to.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Chrome.

I love chrome. Very user friendly.

I have IE. I loaded Firefox and Chrome at the same time. I have not used Firefox is probably well over a year. I actually deleted it. Firefox was much slower than Chrome for me. I love Chrome. Wish I could use it at work instead of IE.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I've heard Chrome can cause a lot of problems with certain websites and add ons. I switched from IE after a lot of issues with slow connections and freezing, but I've heard the new version is pretty good.

I'm happily a Firefox user.

I use Chromium (the debranded, no-tracking-tools "father" of Chrome) and Firefox. I also like Opera. I mostly use FF because of Firebug. Midori is good in a pinch.

Without more information on the freezes it's hard to say if it's FF's problem or your computer's problem. If it's your computer's problem, switching to another browser might not fix anything.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Chrome except when I am using my portal to my office and then I have to use firefox

Love Chrome. Always used IE until it started messing up - stopped opening links. Was told I'd have to reload EVERYTHING. Yea - right.

Went to Chrome, and have loved it. One of my online bank accounts advised to stick to IE, but have had no issues.

Best thing? You can change the setting to STOP a lot of ads. Being in a rural location without high-speed internet, this has improved my internet usage immensely! Love Chrome!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Firefox was not making me happy about a year ago, but whatever caused the issue, it seems to be resolved after the last few upgrades and I use it on my desktop.

I mostly use dolphin on my android, but I have firefox mobile as well. on my netbook that has no memory or hard drive to speak of, I have both chrome and firefox. Chrome loads and works faster, but the netbook is seriously without capacity, it's useful for internet access and email and that is about it.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Firefox really did go through a bad phase there for a while, but it's back on form now.

I use Firefox and Chrome at home and work - b/c you STILL can't open 2 Gmail accounts in different tabs (but you can if you open them in separate browsers).

I use Opera on my Android tablet. Never touch IE.

I used Firefox for a very long time, but last summer it started having fits with my Hulu video. Froze all the time and made me very angry. Switched to Chrome.

I don't dislike Chrome, and it seems very lightweight and quick, but I miss Firefox. Perhaps one day I'll have the energy to make the three or four clicks required to get Firefox again, but right now, I just... can't... oof. So many clicks.

Been using Chrome. I've played with Fire Fox and don't yet "get it." It seems to have more "moving parts" that I have to set up. That's very flexible, but I'm not a "techie" and don't really want to be one.

Right now my IE is Alpha Fox Uniform. An update caused it to become corrupted. There is a "fix" but it's kind of complex and I'm not in the mood to fix something that I don't use anyway. My son IS a techie and I may let him fix it next time he comes to visit.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Chrome + adblock works really well for me.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I only use Firefox and will fire up IE only when necessary. A lot of banking websites require you to use IE and will not work with other browsers due to the lack of Active X.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I use Chrome and really like it. Dolphin for my cell phone Internet, too. Excited for the ability to synch bookmarks and tabs with chrome, just haven't gotten around to moving onto that browser for my phone.
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Google tracks EVERYTHING. That's why I don't have gmail or Chrome.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    Firefox really did go through a bad phase there for a while, but it's back on form now.

I use Firefox and Chrome at home and work - b/c you STILL can't open 2 Gmail accounts in different tabs (but you can if you open them in separate browsers).
    Sure you can- from your Gmail page click the wee down arrow next to your profile image and click "Add Account."

I use Chrome and Firefox, but primarily Chrome, which I've found to be lighter and more efficient with Flash.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Happy Firefox user here. IE was giving me all sorts of trouble.
    I will let hubby, the computer wiz, decide if/when we should switch to Chrome.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

I have chrome, IE and FF. I use FF, the kid Chrome, DH IE....on the rare occasions they use my desk top.

it's good to have more than one browser, sometimes one does not work right and then you are up the creek. IE has been notorious for being a portal for hacks and viruses.

I have ad-block and no-script going (don't even remember why I put all that back up, because no-script is a pain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Love Firefox.

Anyone have some insight as to why Microsoft will not let you remove IE from a Windows computer?