The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who makes an extra-wide and extra-tall bumper pull Stock trailer?

I have a not-that-old rusty Valley that I'd like to replace one day.
    Needs to be a bumper pull and stock.
    Having a hard time finding anything in extra-wide (80") and extra-tall (7'6")!
    A small tack room would be awesome, too.
    Anyone have something like that?

Calico will custom make trailers and they are pretty reasonable. I have looked at getting an 80" wide stock and it didn't seem like that would be an issue at all. You can also opt for breaks on both axles, galvaneal panels vs. steel, one door, split door, ramp, extra lights, etc. whatever you want basically. Traveled Lane Trailers has the best website to give you a bunch of Calico ideas that I have seen online, but I'm not sure how close they are to you. Even though I am across the country, they were very polite when I had questions that the local dealership didn't bother to answer.

I'm pretty sure CM will also customize.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Default Large Bumper pull

Some of the Trailets were the New Yorker style which is wider and taller as per your specs. It also has a dressing/tack room.
    Since Trailets were made by Hawk, I would expect that there is an identical Hawk trailer. Their BP Classic with Dressing room is pretty much a match to the NY Eventor by Trailet.

Blue Ridge Trailer just north of Charlottesville are really good people if that is anywhere near you.

Alum-Line makes a nice custom trailer.

I bet Four Star could do this one with the additional height... http://www.4startrailers.com/combo_b..._wedge_157.asp

(There's another section of the site that lists all the customization options.)
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

EquiSpirit's the EquiBreeze

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Default Xtra Tall and Xtra Wide

I have been trailer searching for a few years and I just ordered an EBY. EBY makes a variety of stock trailers and will customize any way that you want. I am upgrading from a Shoop. This will be my last trailer so I bit the bullet and got exactly what I wanted. I looked at Blue Ridge and they are nice too but they are made by Hawk now and I just like the features of the EBY better. I think that most companies and making extra wide and extra tall because of how popular WBs and drafts crosses have become. I found it really helpful to go to horse expos where a lot of the different trailers are on display. It helped me to compare when I could see them all together. Happy trailer shopping!

thanks guys! lots of good options, the equibreeze looks super nice, but it's got a divider, not an open floor floor plan. I haul solo, so I like to turn my horse around and walk him out.

Barn: The EquiBreeze is still what you want/need. Watch the videos cuz the entire interior comes out very easily for a totally open stock option.

I just slip the pins out to remove the divider, pull down on the top spring latch and it slides out. Yeah, it's kinda heavy but can be done by one person.

P.S. The Gooseneck featured on their website is ours We loff it

ETA: I haul solo too, all the time. I just load my mare on the left side. She has been trained to stand once I drop the butt bar and not come out until I tug her tail and say "back." Piece o'cake
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

A friend just got a new feather lite that is huge! She wanted a large two horse so they used a 3 horse slant and set it up as a two horse instead. They also put the tie rings lower for her (she's short) and made the tack room whatever size she wanted. All custom stock trailer for the same cost as a standard.

Thanks Choco, I see exactly what you mean in the video - I could take the divider out and get the full-width butt bar. That would be ideal.... my horse is a OTTB with a highly tuned flight mechanism, haha. So we are training and practicing, and training and practicing, but *sometimes* "natural instinct" kicks in and he forgets everything else!
    LOL.

Lots of good options, thanks everyone for the tips. I will also look at Calico - see about the galvaneal option, if possible. I just would not like to buy another steel rust bucket..... I may have to find a place to get my trailer painted before I could sell it!

Feel free to call Tom at EquiSpirit... he'll gladly speak with you and answer any questions, as well as offer custom options to fit your / your horse's needs.

P.S. They use galvaneal too

I'm pretty sure the CM charger is standard with Galvaneal. Also Titan makes a galvaneal trailer.

I just throw these out for a lower cost alternative. Although an EBY would of course be nice!

DoubleD also makes a trailer like you are interested in.

I have been interested in the Equibreeze, but I don't really like the open top on the Equibreeze rear doors (I sometimes like to haul loose).
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Trot: I believe there is a now an option to get 1/2 doors above the ramp. Ask Tom to be sure tho.