The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Waiting for pre purchase!!! - He PASSED!

I have been playing on the Chronicle way too much the last few days because I am going crazy. Waiting for vet check on possible new horse. It is so hard waiting..... I am excited, scared, worried... all those things.

What to do to pass the time?

I know I could be cleaning my house or something but I cannot stop thinking about my possible new horse..... ahhh.
    Last edited by doublesstable; Jul. 4, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Train like you have never won and show like you have never lost!!!

EEEEK!

Exciting times for you.

No suggestions, other than writing your married horse name on the cover of your notebook. "Mrs. Dobbin". "Doublesstable + Dobbin = TRU LUV 4EVAH".
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    EEEEK!

Exciting times for you.

No suggestions, other than writing your married horse name on the cover of your notebook. "Mrs. Dobbin". "Doublesstable + Dobbin = TRU LUV 4EVAH".
    "LIKE"!!

Yes I have to think of a name for him. Chestnut, four white socks and a blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    EEEEK!

Exciting times for you.

Ooh sounds like a flashy boy. Sending good vibes for the PPE. I went through this in February with my new horse after going through 2 failed PPE's. So fingers crossed for you Looking forward to pictures!
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Quote Originally Posted by hequestrian View Post
    Looking forward to pictures!
    ^^^ THIS ^^^^

Crossing fingers for you!!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I feel your pain...I've got a PPE scheduled for Thursday and I'm trying not to make myself sick. I've had the guy at my barn for a week and have already gotten attached. It's going to be ugly if he doesn't pass. Fingers crossed for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys Rider View Post
    I feel your pain...I've got a PPE scheduled for Thursday and I'm trying not to make myself sick. I've had the guy at my barn for a week and have already gotten attached. It's going to be ugly if he doesn't pass. Fingers crossed for you!
    Oh I am driving myself nuts-O.

Good luck to you as well... I hope you get to keep him!!!

My stomach is in knots...... for both of us

Ahhhh sooo excited. Just got off the phone with the Vet and all is well. EEEEKKKKK.

Happy fourth everyone!!!!!

Congrats! I just had a PPE done on west coast but need to discuss with my vet in east coast. Christ the rumor mill is already busy! "he passed, he didnt pass"
    Where do people come UP with this stuff? Sent a new Walsh halter to seller/breeder yesterday. He's only 4 and 17.2. A half brother to my mare.
    Very excited and want this to be done with! But I need to let my vet do his thing. He wants a video. Can't say I blame him. He will have to listen to me complain if there is a problem later on . Please keep the good vibes coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Congrats! I just had a PPE done on west coast but need to discuss with my vet in east coast. Christ the rumor mill is already busy! "he passed, he didnt pass"
    Where do people come UP with this stuff? Sent a new Walsh halter to seller/breeder yesterday. He's only 4 and 17.2. A half brother to my mare.
    Very excited and want this to be done with! But I need to let my vet do his thing. He wants a video. Can't say I blame him. He will have to listen to me complain if there is a problem later on . Please keep the good vibes coming!
    I know what you mean. I kept the details pretty closed for a while. So hard when you are excited.

Your potential guy sounds dreamy!!! And I know what you are saying about getting all done and over with... but enjoy the journey. It's not often we get a new horse!! Pretty exciting.

"good vibes - good vibes"

Congrats! It's so nice to get that thumbs up and (hopefully) have all your worries be erased. Enjoy the high of getting a new horse...now time to go shopping for "welcome home" horsey stuff! :-)

I am trying not to lose it. He was a little sore during the vetting after we rode the heck out of him for two days with his first brand new shoes. Need that to be okay. Adds to the stress !!

Just like to stress that horses do not "pass" or "fail" a vetting. The vet determines what is going on with that horse, that day, and the prospective buyer, along with their vet and professional involved (if any) determine if they can live with the those issues presented by THAT horse THAT day. Hope all works out for you all...pet peeve "pass"/ "fail"....
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumphigh83 View Post
    Just like to stress that horses do not "pass" or "fail" a vetting. The vet determines what is going on with that horse, that day, and the prospective buyer, along with their vet and professional involved (if any) determine if they can live with the those issues presented by THAT horse THAT day. Hope all works out for you all...pet peeve "pass"/ "fail"....

How about approved or not approved...

So he was approved but it IS a pre purchase EXAM so you pass or fail exams Hee Hee.
    Last edited by doublesstable; Jul. 5, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

doublestable....any pictures? Soooooo happy for you!

I remember the wait to find out my mares results was awful!! We had to wait on the bloodtest to come in and it was a holiday weekend so had to wait even longer!! Congrats on your new baby! Hope you have lots of fun with him :-)

Thank you so much.... I don't have pictures yet; soon I will be a proud mama and flood you all with pictures of his cuteness.

I do have to wait shipping sooooo...... until he is safe and sound in the barn I will still be a nervous wreck and spending a lot of time trying to take my mind off the waiting.