The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

My mom had me at 40 and she thought it was early menopause until she started throwing up. My sisters are 8 and 10 years older than me, but I think I got the best of it. Two siblings, but also being practically raised as an only. Lots of "been there done that" advice from the sisters. I get to be the cool aunt to my nieces and nephews. And my parents were much better off financially by the time I came around so riding lessons, flute lessons, and chauffeuring to band for me!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

I think you are brave and it's a fabulous idea, I look forward to hearing all the happy progress in future OT days.

Great luck!

Middleburg, VA

Hey, mom had her period after she conceived me (after they had "given up"). She finally decided to go to the doctor after she nearly barfed in the dentist's chair! Surprise, surprise, she didn't have an inner ear infection or a stomach bug, but a little YB brewing.

Soooo, don't write off his crowing so easily

that's very cool. my own mother had her youngest child when she was 40. No problems with the pregnancy whatsoever. Good luck and have fun with it

Usually too far from the barn

Hurry up and get preggers already so Laddie can come stay with me!!!

I have a friend who had twins in her family who had a child at 44 after having a "period" only 7 months prior. Her gyno later determined that she may have conceived twins and what she saw as a period was actually a miscarriage of one of them. Her dtr showed no signs of prematurity and is starting pre-school this week. My son is pretty bright and I had him in my late 30's.

Keeping a good thought for you (and John, who clearing is having his ego boosted by the situation!)
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique