The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Surely, this store will open soon for Christmas season??

Quote Originally Posted by GucciJumper View Post
    I noticed in the Parker, CO and the Alpharetta, GA Stores that they have the basic stock. They rarely have any of the good deals in stock. What I did do when the Parker store was only 20 min away from where I lived is I would have them order it to the store and then buy it when it came in. It was like free shipping from Dover!
    If you go to the store and you want a regular priced item they don't have, they'll ship it to your house for free??!!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    If you go to the store and you want a regular priced item they don't have, they'll ship it to your house for free??!!
    I think that they ship it to the store for free and then you can go pick it up.

Open Nov 8th for a VIP reception, then Opening weekend Nov 9 - 11th. It will be nice to have a local tack shop for times when you need it NOW !!

I drove by this morning and didn't see the sign up or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    Mine (DE) does not. They ship it for free to my home if I go to the store and a regular price item is not in stock.
    ~Veronica

Don't get too upset, the disappointment with the dover store by me has actually given the other local tack shops more business.

PSA: The dover store in Raleigh opened today!
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    PSA: The dover store in Raleigh opened today!

I went last night and I must say, it was pretty awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Quote Originally Posted by AmmyByNature View Post
    And I don't *think* (though don't know 100%) that different Dover stores would/should have a different policy on this??!!
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    And I don't *think* (though don't know 100%) that different Dover stores would/should have a different policy on this??!!
    I was the one who originally said that my store wouldn't ship to my house for free. The last time I was there, they did offer to do just that. From what I understand, it's always been policy that they do so, but perhaps it was poor employee training or a problem with the store manager that prevented it from happening in the past. It seems that it's been fixed, which is great, but doesn't take care of the bigger problem - that they are frequently out of stock of the things I go in to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by fine*and*dandy View Post
    I was the one who originally said that my store wouldn't ship to my house for free. The last time I was there, they did offer to do just that. From what I understand, it's always been policy that they do so, but perhaps it was poor employee training or a problem with the store manager that prevented it from happening in the past. It seems that it's been fixed, which is great, but doesn't take care of the bigger problem - that they are frequently out of stock of the things I go in to purchase.

Oh, now poor employee training at a Dover store... THAT I can believe. IMHO the great employees are great. The bad ones... are a DISASTER.
    ~Veronica

Does anyone happen to know the phone number of the new store and/or their hours? Thanks!
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

Quote Originally Posted by fine*and*dandy View Post
    the policy about whether or not they offer it outright might be different in different stores, but they always will. they'd just prefer to have it come to the store and you pick it up because it's cheaper for them, so some stores may not offer to ship to your house unless you ask. but they will do it, for an item they didn't have in stock.

It cannot be good practice from a customer service POV to have a written policy (ship to home for out of stock items) that you then allow individual stores to offer or not offer as they see fit?!
    ~Veronica

i meant in some stores they probably default to ship to store, unless you ask to ship to your home, whereas other stores they automatically assume ship to home- i'm guessing manager preference? but either way, if you ask, they'll ship to your home. sorry, i wasn't clear.

Dover saves a little money on shipping if they have items shipped directly to the store, that is why it is the default. Big ticket and bulky items like custom boots and tack trunks ship to the store, but just ask to have something on backorder shipped to your home if it is a headache getting back to the store to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox View Post
    Dover saves a little money on shipping if they have items shipped directly to the store, that is why it is the default. Big ticket and bulky items like custom boots and tack trunks ship to the store, but just ask to have something on backorder shipped to your home if it is a headache getting back to the store to pick it up.
    ^^that's what i was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox View Post
    I can't find any evidence that EITHER shipping option (to your home or to the store) is a "default." If both are available, both should be offered to the customer. Period. The fact that it is a little cheaper for them have a customer NOT elect to use a policy is NO EXCUSE for failing to offer that policy to the customer. Especially when it'd be cheaper ALL AROUND for everyone to just keep better inventory and have basic, full-price items in stock when people need them. No system's perfect, but I've seen first hand plenty of inventory FAILS at Dover... and if they could get that a little better under control, they'd be in a better position not to be shipping out-of-stock items anywhere.
    ~Veronica

I am sure they'd prefer to charge customers double what it says on the price tag, since that makes the store money too. But it's not the store manager's perogative to do that any more than it is her perogative to selectively offer/apply company-wide policies.
    ~Veronica