The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Scientology

Anyone else think their break-up, almost 5 years to the date of marriage, was pursuant to the terms of their 5 year contract?

Will she get to keep Suri, or will he fight for custody?

I feel sorry for her - she's up against the entire Scientology gang, they are going to make her life very tough.

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

All I have to say is... I now like Katie Holmes again. For the last 6 years I have been wondering wtf this girl was thinking.

I'm glad she got out... of the church and the relationship.
    Dreaming in Color

Contract? No.

Reading TMZ though (yes, I admit it ), it's pretty clear that something really shook her up... enough to compel very elaborate planning of an out that protects herself and her child. Church stalkers? Indoctrination school?

Frankly, I'm darn curious to watch this thing unfold.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Dunno, but I'm glad she's no longer drinking the Kool-Aid. I hope she gets a ton of money for flushing her career down the toilet while she was "Mrs. Tom Cruise."
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

What contract?
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Supposedly there is a marriage contract similar to a prenup that says if she stays with him for five years she may be entitled to more money, and even more if she had a child or children with him. There is no evidence to back that up other than rumors at this point but it's juicy to say the least.

The whole Scientology thing makes sense in that I've heard it's around school age when they really start indoctrinating the kids into the whole process of the "religion". I guess Katie decided she wanted her daughter to determine her own beliefs for herself and if that is the case I applaud her.

My set of rumors: Marriage contract guaranteed her a certain amount of money per year for five years of marriage, and the contract ran out. Next rumor-the kid was about to be sent away to something resembling church boot camp, and not come home. I don't see much chance that Katie will get total custody, or that she'll be able to limit her child's exposure to a religion she apparently doesn't share. She should have learned something from her soon to be ex-husband, his children with Nicole, and how the mother/child relationships have been limited by their divorce and other disagreements over the years.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I heard something about that too - the kids adopted with Nicole Kidman don't live with her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    My set of rumors: Marriage contract guaranteed her a certain amount of money per year for five years of marriage, and the contract ran out. Next rumor-the kid was about to be sent away to something resembling church boot camp, and not come home. I don't see much chance that Katie will get total custody, or that she'll be able to limit her child's exposure to a religion she apparently doesn't share. She should have learned something from her soon to be ex-husband, his children with Nicole, and how the mother/child relationships have been limited by their divorce and other disagreements over the years.

I can no longer watch Tom Cruise in any films. I know - he's a talented actor, but I can't see him in character any more. I see him and my brain automatically screams, "LOON"! Same with John Travolta.

TMZ says Tom wanted to ship the kid off to 'Sea org' . Isn't that their own private 'navy' , same place L. Ron sent his gay son to have his thetans exorcised:eyeroll:. I believe his son.finally escaped and comitted suicide

She's a moron for getting sucked in, hope its not too late for her to protect her kid.

Good thing Katie's Dad is a lawyer.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    I can no longer watch Tom Cruise in any films. I know - he's a talented actor, but I can't see him in character any more. I see him and my brain automatically screams, "LOON"! Same with John Travolta.
    Ugh, I know. And I really like John Travolta.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

While I realize that Tom's sexual orientation is just a rumor (for the moment at least), my husband's first comment when he read about the breakup in the newspaper was "Now they can both find the man of their dreams".

Bacardi1, one of my favorite faux headlines for this was "Tom Cruise Shaves His Beard."
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

Sea Org is a group of people who work for the Church or companies owned by the church for very little money.

If I had to guess, what they mean to say is that Tom wanted to send Suri to the Delphian Boarding School - which is where his other kid went. It's a school curriculum based on the teachings of scientology.

Now I'm curious (faintly). Where did the two adopted kids go? I never heard a peep about them. I always sort of assumed that they were living with Nicole, who at least seemed reasonably sane. So this isn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Now I'm curious (faintly). Where did the two adopted kids go? I never heard a peep about them. I always sort of assumed that they were living with Nicole, who at least seemed reasonably sane. So this isn't true?
    Nope, they've actually had very little to do with Nicole.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...man-split.html
    Although Kidman and Cruise’s custody arrangement was never made public, their split effectively tore bonds between mother and young apart; the kids remained in Los Angeles to live in Cruise’s mansion, and the actress returned to her native Australia and there they stayed.

Isabella said in a recent interview that she and Connor see Kidman, at best, “sometimes.” According to Kidman, the children continued to keep their distance from her into their late teens, even after the star remarried country music hitmaker Keith Urban in 2006 and relocated part-time to Nashville.

“They live with Tom, which was their choice,” Kidman told Hello! magazine in 2010. “I’d love them to live with us, but what can you do?”

Thank goodness! She's free from the nutcase. I hope she and Suri are able to stay far, far away from him. I won't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Apparently, with the second family the kids were old enough to choose and chose to live with their father full time. I don't think with their heavy indoctrination to their dad's religion that Nicole ever stood a chance at being close to them. The Sea Org. is more than just boarding school (which it is), but more like a permanent, boot camp for indoctrination into the religion, and my understanding is there is little home contact with family or parents, especially parents who aren't committed believers.

And I don't think there is any legal way Katie Holmes can stay in this country and have full custody and control of her daughter.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Am I the only one that suspects Suri is a clone? Think about it....Tom and Nicole couldn't have biological children yet Nicole went on to have two later with new hubby. Suri looks EXACTLY like Katie. When Katie was preggers, he bought his own sonigram machine. He's got all kinds of weird connections - I'm sure he could find and pay someone overseas who is doing cloning with animals to make him a kid.