The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What makes it easier?

I have to sell my first horse after owning him for a few years. I have brought him along myself and its been a real learning experience and we have grown together with a lot of good and probably equally bad. I have to sell due to financial reasons and I could probably make things JUST work but if an emergency pops up or if life situation gets any worse, things could get scary. I am really disappointed and know this has to happen for the greater good for both of us. I have had to move on from school horses, from lease horses so I thought this would be easier. I don't think he is my heart horse but I am still finding it tough. People are starting to come out to see him and I am finding myself hoping that he acts up or that he will not pass a PPE. I know I should just suck it up, but it's still tough to move on.
    Last edited by alternate history; Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Why not just lease?
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Tried to lease for several months before putting him up for sale but didn't get any bites. Had him leased when I first got him and it was a disaster because the lessors were too flighty and would move on after a couple months.

i does not get easier. ever.

but what does make it easier is to not try to think of horses as pets - ie try not to get caught up in the "heart horse" POV.

You will either be able to emotionally sell him - or not. you will find out soon enough!

if you cant sell him then you will get creative - i know - i have been where you are...

good luck.