The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hy-Color Sporthorses

Has anyone bought any horses from them?
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

No I have not ...but I did have some email correspondence some years ago.
    In some of the pictures I saw they looked..well...less than stellar condition.
    I believe their horses are mainly Friesians and Saddlebreds, and crosses of those two breeds.
    I would definitely go see them 'in the flesh' so to speak before you buy one and do a very detailed pre-purchase exam on it.
    JMHO
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

Default Own Two Hy-Color Horses

Hi there.

I own two (whoops three!) of HY-Color's horses, and have sold them a homozygous saddlebred filly as well. I have a black very nice Arab from her that my husband rides and a half-friesian Zubin daughter I'm thrilled with. We also have a Belgian draft from Minda. All three horses are of great quality and have had zero issues. I've known the owner of these Hy-Color Sporthorses for years and think she's a lovely horse person.

Sometimes her pictures show mud in her turnouts - though she has acres and acres of green pasture - but living in the Pacific Northwest north of where she lives, I can tell you that mud is our common enemy. Having had the first day in the year breaking 70 degrees without rain around July 6th we're all finally relieved we're drying out. This breeder does not have a big fancy arena but she's very very conscious of what she breeds when and why and I have no hesitation in purchasing future horses from her. She's also given great advice to first time horse owners and I've seen her refuse to sell specific animals to specific people because the fit was not right.

PM me and I can send you pictures or we can talk further. I'm located in Washington State.
    Last edited by Centaurheart; Jul. 12, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

A friend had a very nice mare sired by their pinto Saddlebred stallion. That's all I know!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Centaurheart,

Is the black arab mare named "Tina", per chance? I have been looking for her for years, after I sold her to Hy-Color...

I know she bred her to one of the Friesian stallions at one time. It had to be, oh, 8 years ago, at least that I sold her. She was a huge mare...
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

The lovely black mare I have is registered as Catatina. We call her Cat. It very well could be the same mare. She's spoiled rotten and very very loved. I have her daughter by Zubin too. Any history you have would be eagerly received. She's got a very good forever home with us but ill share pics and I know she's up for fan visits if she's one you used to have.

We've had her for oh...six years? She is my husbands first horse and is very bonded to him.