The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Va Hunt Week 2012 posted yet?

OK........it's 100+ here (and in VA)......and I"m already dreaming of riding inthe VA Hunt Week in the lovely October fall leaves this year.

Is it firmed up/posted yet? I'd love to start making my plans!!!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I heard they were moving to an every other year format. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yes, but they didn't have one last year............so this should be "the year"...........right?????????
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Virginia Hunt Week was held in October 2011. My understanding is that the next one will be in 2013.

If things break right, I will be there.

How about organizing your own? I missed last year's but considering the sheer number of hunts here and how many different days they hunt, you should be able to get in a week's worth just capping several different places.

Sure, one can put together a hunt trip, but it is no comparison to Hunt Week in VA. First of all, the cost of individual capping vs. Hunt Week is HUGE. But even more importantly, is during Hunt Week each hunt does it's own thing ONCE.......allowing and welcoming visitors, many times with very nice breakfasts (unlike a regular day out)..It's a special day for their members and for the visitors.

Plus, for me, it's fun to meet others who are there from all over the east (actually as far away as TX and MO last time I was there.....

I have fantastic hunting and hounds at home at Live Oak! What I love is seeing how others hunt, their territories, meeting new hunting friends (especially the extra adventurism foxhunting travellers) and then making plans to go visit them next <smile>

Spam reported. Probably one of the most interesting ones we've had on here too!