The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eurocommerce Namelus / Namelus R

Anyone happen to know semen quality on this stallion? Took a chance with bad semen for round one (haha) and don't want to fool around with iffy semen again. Any personal info on offspring would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Please report back if you get info or use it!

Just tried breeding my mare for the second time this year to Namelus R and she just scanned not in foal. Motility was about 20 -25%.

Tippy1- thank you for that info. I tried iffy semen already this year with the Numero Uno with no success, and have no desire for round two. I appreciate the heads up. Have you had success with this mare before?

I can say that Baldev's semen quality, fresh, was absolutely fantastic!

We bred in frozen semen this year to Namelus R and the semen was of very good quality with mobility over 50%.

Our mare got in foal on the first insemination. We purchased our doses from Jens Richter at Global Equine Sires and were very pleased with the service.

Cumano - Congratulations! That's great to hear! Namelus R is at the top of my list for next year. Did you use 1 or 2 doses when you inseminated your mare?

We used only one dose post ovulation with echos every 6 hours.

We checked the quality of the semen right after and it was very good. I still have a dose in the tank and would not hesitate to use it and/or order some more.

I simply love tha stallion and every product I see by him. Right now, in my mind, it is the best stallion to bring the Voltair/Concorde line to the table. On top of it, it is the classical Joost/Abgar cross from one of Stal Roloefs best dameline.

Bumping this up to find out if anyone else bred to him last year? Also wondering if anyone has thoughts on the type of temperment or rideability he might produce or what types of mares he seems to compliment?
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

I too love Namelus R, I saw him in his stall last year and asked the breeding manager what type of mare would be best to him, he answered 'big' which surprised me. He's not a small horse. I would like to use him in the future, not sure which mare, I don't have any 'big' mares, should have asked more questions but we were on a whirlwind barn tour.