The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Finally found my OTTB

Thanks to COTH, I found my OTTB!

I want to thank everyone here on COTH who responded to my posts and/or PM’d me for all their guidance, help and support while I was looking for my OTTB, especially when I was getting so frustrated in my search. Huge thanks goes to Pat at Three Plain Bays for sending such a nice girl to me. Everything that has been said about Pat and her honesty and integrity is dead-on. She’s a straight shooter who tells it like it is. My girl came to me virtually sight unseen. I decided to get my girl based on a couple still photographs and Pat’s word and reputation. I don’t know what Pat’s secret is but she sure knows how to pick good ones!

In the past, I have had better luck with geldings but I have a hunch this girl is going to make me a mare-loving convert Even with being in season right now, having traveled over 600 miles to a new barn this past weekend and being only 4 years old, she’s a sensible love-bug and simply has a nice mind and willing disposition…no stereotypical crazy red-headed TB mare here

I’m looking forward to a fun journey with my new girl, Solo. Of course, now that my neighbor has made me aware of Toby Keith’s “Red Solo Cup” song, the lyrics are now constantly running through my head now that I’ve decided to name my girl Solo LOL ...Red Solo cup, I fill you up! Let’s have a party!... Hmmm…. “Let’s Have a Party” has a nice ring to it.

how very exciting for you!! look forward to updates!!

Good luck with your readhead. My 2 best all time horses have been red mares, one took me to 3 national finals and I smile every day I see her in my field

Welcome to the Sisterhood of the Rockin' Mares!

Pictures?

I'm sure you'll experience the special connection that we can have with an OTTB mare.

Also, Pat Dale is the best mare of all! She knows how to pick them.

Congrats! Love my redheaded TB mare. At just turned 7, she is, IMHO, the sweetest and the most sensible horse in the barn (sample of nearly 50 horses).

Congrats! I wish you the best for many years to come.
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

Glad you found a horse and a shipper! Seems like the shipper was just as hard to find. Good luck with your girl. If you ever want to trailer out to ride anywhere let me know! If I remember right you are just around the corner. I am always looking for a riding buddy to go XC schooling or just to go trail riding.

Pat does have a great eye! Congrats.

Default Thanks everyone

I'm still smiling It is nice to a) finally have a horse again and b) have one who is so level-headed and sensible!

And yes, it was ~almost~ as difficult finding a shipper as it was finding a horse!

Only have been able to get a couple photos and so far haven't been able to find someone to take photos of her when I'm riding.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Equines...eat=directlink

Derby Lyn--I would LOVE to go out for a hack. I think Solo would love it. It's probably going to be a while before we are ready to x-country school though My dressage saddle is the only one that fits her right now so I need to start searching for another saddle.
    Last edited by Endevor; Jun. 28, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

She's *beautiful*! Can't wait to hear progress reports.

She looks great...xoxoxoxoxo

Beautiful! I love chestnuts. Congratulations!
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Welcome to the society of redhead OTTB girls! I have one too. Congrats and have FUN!!!!