The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: BSE vandalism: They'd rather see a horse in a pasture with a broken leg than standing around, taking a nap in Central Park. They don't care one bit about animal welfare. They only care about their agenda.

Their true colors shine right through.

As I keep saying-- PEOPLE LIKE THESE ARE DANGEROUS. They really are. People like this will maim or kill to make a point. Or will vandalize or commit arson-- it has happened before elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bayou_bengal View Post
    As I keep saying-- PEOPLE LIKE THESE ARE DANGEROUS. They really are. People like this will maim or kill to make a point. Or will vandalize or commit arson-- it has happened before elsewhere.
    Yep, some of these people walk a fine line between activist and terrorist.

What got vandalized?
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    What got vandalized?
    From the FB page: "

For the past year we have been visited late at night in our fields where many of our herd are turned out by someone or maybe more, who tie bizarre knots in our horses hair. In the beginning we thought it is probably a disgruntled volunteer that has been asked to leave. We have been attacked before by disgruntled volunteers before mainly by wild untrue abuse or neglect reports made out to the State or slanderous lies on the internet...all of which we are used too.

There are only a couple so it isn't hard to figure out who causes the unnecessary trouble. We have also been threatened by the Radical Animals Activists...most notably W.A.R. from NYC. They hate us and have threatened to come and "teach us a lesson". For all these things we have notified the authorities and we watch and document each incident in the event that one day we can finally put an end to it.

Lately it has taken a turn for the worse and whoever is doing it should be put on notice that we are tired of it and we are going to find out and persecute. Over this past week-end our horses were let out of the pasture...thankfully most were unaware...those that figured it out made their way into the barn and destroyed it. We all know horses are vandals in that they love to touch, pull down, rip open, pull apart, turn over, step on, poop on, destroy EVERYTHING they can get their lips on. Well they did all of that AND 3 of our biggest horses Iceman, Tom Too and Cami made it onto the poop truck! This was the most dangerous incident that night. It was scary and extremely stressful removing them carefully so they didn't fall off. All of them could have been seriously hurt or killed...not to mention what could have happened if they got out on the street!"

Doesn't sound so much like vandalism as it does trespassing and mischief but still uncalled for. Especially letting horses out of their pasture. That is downright dangerous and could not only get the horses killed, but also some innocent person that happens to be driving by if they made their way into the road.

sounds like they need a donation of a set of serious game cameras....
    (personally I am also in favor of shotguns, but that's Alabama style...)
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

Funny you should say that, it also says on the page they are taking donations for security cameras.

I'm a shotgun kinda girl myself too. Also a big, scary dog kinda girl.

Hope they get their cameras, actually I think I'll pop back over to their page and send them a dribble to help them along.

I can't stand hearing stories about those damn RARAs trespassing for the sake of their "cause". Would serve them right if someone broke into each of their homes and relieved themselves right on their dining room table.

The only reason they haven't gone further is because they have to screw up the courage to do it.... and they will.

Look, I've said this before, It's well worth saying it again: W.A.R. has the same agenda as SHAC, and is piloting the NYC protests. SHAC is linked with ALF. Anyone who beleives "W.A.R." isn't associated with SHAC/ALF because they said so on their website is not only naive, but arguably stupid.

What BSE needs to do is not only report it to their local law enforcement, they need to report it to their local FBI field office as potential ALF activity; ALF is a known terrorist organization with members in prison serving 20 year sentences for Arson.

The FBI really needs to know about these incidents. They want domestic terror groups squashed just like the rest of us. They're americans just like we are, who beleive in the same laws we all want to live by. They're only intimidating when you're breaking the law, not when you're asking for help :=)

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    "Lissa DonoughCarriage Horse Cruelty
    May 27 at 3:38pm ยท
    To BSE: I will NOT share the road! You people are cruel to take your horses on pavement! Why are horses allowed on the road at all? Get them off the road and get people off their backs and out of carriages being pulled by these poor creatures. The only reason that people take their horses on road is the "look at me" attitude that all horse riders have, they are a menace to other road users and bring shame to the people who really love horses! The place for horses in in the field, not the road. Besides, isn't riding just another way of exploiting them, also? I say we call for a ban on ALL activities that "use" horses. The key word here is "use". They should all be allowed to be free of stupid humans!"

I know there are lots of people who don't believe their intent goes beyond carriage horses but it does. ^^
    This warrants quotation... more than once. ALL horsepeople NEED to be aware of these fruitbats, so they can see their true colors. I am so glad that we now have their real agenda in writing. Please post a link to this quote. I would like to screen shot it.

ETA: Looks like it's already been deleted. Open mouth, insert foot. Way to alienate all the people who actually know a thing or two about horses and the millions of riders out there.
    Last edited by drmgncolor; Jun. 28, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Dreaming in Color

That page also has this gem on it right now:

Carrie Gobernatz RESCUES all over the country will step up to take in a NEW YORK Carriage Horse. I bet if we started calling them allover the USA we would have a waiting list. Has anyone set this up yet ?

I'm so sure rescues will be falling all over themselves to take in useful horses instead of the ones that actually need rescuing. Morons.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by MandyVA View Post
    That page also has this gem on it right now:

Carrie Gobernatz RESCUES all over the country will step up to take in a NEW YORK Carriage Horse. I bet if we started calling them allover the USA we would have a waiting list. Has anyone set this up yet ?

I'm so sure rescues will be falling all over themselves to take in useful horses instead of the ones that actually need rescuing. Morons.
    Anyone that would line up in hopes of taking a horse (like that twit suggests), that:

a) doesn't need rescuing
    b) already has a job
    c) has an owner taking perfectly good care of it, that does not want to give it up and
    d) has NO legal reason to be taken from its owner in the first place

Is an asshole and a thief. Nothing more, nothing less.

ETA: I really, really feel for the carriage horse owners. I just could not imagine listening to this crap for years on end. If I were in their shoes, and if for some ungodly reason these freaks were able to pull of getting this ban put in place I honest to god would consider hiding my horses somewhere several states away, or even putting them down before I'd hand them over to these lunatics. Calling for these horses to be taken from their owners when there is no abuse taking place, simply because THEY don't like seeing a horse having a job, is beyond unconstitutional. Fascist scumbags.

Come on GGR, what rescue wouldn't want a 1600 pound young horse that it can't ever adopt out?

I almost responded with a link to one example of a horse that actually needs to be rescued to point out what rescues are up against, but why bother. They don't care.

This is what I'm talking about though, makes the carriage horses look like they're doing alright. Yes the pasture life worked out real well for this blind mare: http://bhfer.wordpress.com/
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by MandyVA View Post
    Come on GGR, what rescue wouldn't want a 1600 pound young horse that it can't ever adopt out?

I almost responded with a link to one example of a horse that actually needs to be rescued to point out what rescues are up against, but why bother. They don't care.

This is what I'm talking about though, makes the carriage horses look like they're doing alright. Yes the pasture life worked out real well for this blind mare: http://bhfer.wordpress.com/
    Good lord that poor mare. Nope, I'm sure they wouldn't give two hoots about her (unless you hitched her up to a carriage and put her in Central Park).

Seriously, I hope it works out for that mare even if it means just putting her down. Poor gal.

Quote Originally Posted by drmgncolor View Post
    This warrants quotation... more than once. ALL horsepeople NEED to be aware of these fruitbats, so they can see their true colors. I am so glad that we now have their real agenda in writing. Please post a link to this quote. I would like to screen shot it.

ETA: Looks like it's already been deleted. Open mouth, insert foot. Way to alienate all the people who actually know a thing or two about horses and the millions of riders out there.
    I'm blocked from that page but the poster might be interested in knowing that in some states horses have the right of way over vehicles. IOW if a person driving a car causes harm to a horse and rider the driver is in trouble.

People in cars can't run over horses any more than they can run over bicyclists or pedestrians
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    I'm blocked from that page but the poster might be interested in knowing that in some states horses have the right of way over vehicles. IOW if a person driving a car causes harm to a horse and rider the driver is in trouble.

People in cars can't run over horses any more than they can run over bicyclists or pedestrians

Heck in some states motorists are by law required to disassemble the car or cover it with a tarp!

But yes, a horse has a legal right to be on most roads.

You can add me to the deleted/blocked list! All I did was ask them why not start with the Amish...
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    You can add me to the deleted/blocked list! All I did was ask them why not start with the Amish...
    maybe you need to start your own group (oh heck i have been deleted and banned, too on one or more of their FB clubs)

The club of the banned, then post screen shots of your comment for posterity before it get's eaten by the gremlins and trolls.

There is already a page on facebook just for the purpose of posting lies found on the radical anti-carriage pages and posting your comments that get deleted from them along with the rara posts you were trying to address.

The page is called

No Carriage Horse Cruelty Here (NCHCH)

Here is the link- check it out

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Ca...17752678302324

Quote Originally Posted by drmgncolor View Post

Not totally deleated can still be found on her own lovely FB wall

https://www.facebook.com/lissa.donough?sk=wall;)
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Heck in some states motorists are by law required to disassemble the car or cover it with a tarp!

But yes, a horse has a legal right to be on most roads.
    If that idiot is ever involved in an accident with a horse she had better hope the prosecution doesn't dig up her post
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.