The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Well, they have modified one of their posts that targeted a specific carriage owner and have taken down all of the posts that did not agree with them,

They claim these horses will go to unspecified "sancturaies" and retirement homes but refuse to explain fow this will be funded or where these sanctuaries are and who they are.

But really all of that is kind of beside the point because the POINT is these horses have homes, jobs and owners who take good care of them. THese people are trying to confiscate these horses without cause by changing the laws that regulate them.

On another popular RARA site, they are now talking about banning harness racing. Odd that they are going after STBs rather than TBs - unless pulling a sulky qualifies as some sort of carriage horse. I wonder if it because they think the STB owners don't have the same sort of clout that TB owners do, in their little minds.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    On another popular RARA site, they are now talking about banning harness racing. Odd that they are going after STBs rather than TBs - unless pulling a sulky qualifies as some sort of carriage horse. I wonder if it because they think the STB owners don't have the same sort of clout that TB owners do, in their little minds.
    No they are upset that after a racing career some of those horses go on to another career doing other things one of them being carriage horses. They feel it is exploitation squared to "abuse" them as a race horse and then force them to continue to be a slave in another facet.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

As I keep saying regarding these rabid radical animan rights extremists-- THEY ARE DANGEROUS. They should not be ignored.

All of the comments posted by pro carriage people have been deleted and most of the people who made those comments have been banned. I have copied all the comments that I could and have E mailed them to myself as proof of their censorship tactics.

That is their basic m.o. No one who disagrees with them or explains that the horses are in good condition is allowed to keep posting. I think Lizzie would have made a great Bolshevik. She rails against the carriage horses as examples of capitalist greed.

I see a running theme on these anti-carriage sites. Lots of hooting and hollering about "trolls" invading their pages and posting support for the carriage drivers.

Wonder what they'd think of a real troll attack? I'm strongly resisting the urge to go post links to their FB pages all over the seedy underbelly of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    Wonder what they'd think of a real troll attack?

How could you tell? They're obviously stoned already.

And I'm banned from their page. As an added bonus they reported me to facebook for harassment.

Has any legal action been taken against all these groups and celebrities who are spreading lies...there are obvious instances of both libel and slander. If the carriage horses/drivers have been harrassed for 30 years- wouldn't they have a case (or several!)?

And I'm banned from their page. As an added bonus they reported me to facebook for harassment.
    Their total lack of ability to self assess is amazing They accuse other people of suppressing free speech and harassment.....yet that that is exactly what they do.

Hey NYCLASSers practice what you preach!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Well with their ban rate they won't be able to spread their agenda on that page anyway. Any poor well-meaning person that stumbles on it and asks a legit question will get smacked down.

Stupid fools don't realize you can't go into super-defcon-4 ban mode if you actually want to spread your message.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Has any legal action been taken against all these groups and celebrities who are spreading lies...there are obvious instances of both libel and slander. If the carriage horses/drivers have been harrassed for 30 years- wouldn't they have a case (or several!)?
    I was just thinking about this the other day! There are examples of libel and slander. I wonder why no one has brought that up or attempted to take legal action? Maybe they feel it isn't worth it? I don't know, but the spreading of lies has gotten out of control.

Well with their ban rate they won't be able to spread their agenda on that page anyway. Any poor well-meaning person that stumbles on it and asks a legit question will get smacked down.

Stupid fools don't realize you can't go into super-defcon-4 ban mode if you actually want to spread your message.
    don't tell them then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Noticed this by a poster on Carriage Horse Cruelties page laughing about BSE being vandalized.

Lissa Donough
    HAHAHAHA
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/blue-...85979284751646

Vandals in the night BEWARE!
    Most know by now that we are advocates for working horses. We speak up about the rights of work horses and their human partners to work with them. Most also know that we are public organization that invites the public in to help care for the horses...
    By: Blue Star Equiculture

and the best yet!

"Lissa DonoughCarriage Horse Cruelty
    May 27 at 3:38pm ·
    To BSE: I will NOT share the road! You people are cruel to take your horses on pavement! Why are horses allowed on the road at all? Get them off the road and get people off their backs and out of carriages being pulled by these poor creatures. The only reason that people take their horses on road is the "look at me" attitude that all horse riders have, they are a menace to other road users and bring shame to the people who really love horses! The place for horses in in the field, not the road. Besides, isn't riding just another way of exploiting them, also? I say we call for a ban on ALL activities that "use" horses. The key word here is "use". They should all be allowed to be free of stupid humans!"

I know there are lots of people who don't believe their intent goes beyond carriage horses but it does. ^^
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I just slammed my head into my desk so hard that I was hoping I could get a concussion so I could forget what I just read.

Man, what morons. I suppose I should set my cat free too because I am keeping her in a house against her will when she should be outside living off the land as a wild animal.

BSE is a great group too!

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    Noticed this by a poster on Carriage Horse Cruelties page laughing about BSE being vandalized.
    You might want to pass that information along to local police, or at least the rescue's personnel.

Fanatics don't have a problem killing or maiming for "the cause."
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

1 members found this post helpful.

Note this protester's thrifty re-purposing of her "wearing fur makes you look heartless" sign:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

The other side for the protest of the day:

LOL. And I love that the Matty picture is the best they can come up with, he's injured? Um, no.

\"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by ThoroughbredFancy View Post

Man, what morons. I suppose I should set my cat free too because I am keeping her in a house against her will when she should be outside living off the land as a wild animal.
    Now you're getting it. That's the ultimate agenda. No animals should be "enslaved" to humans at all. period. No cats, no dogs, no goldfish, nothing.

I keep setting my cat free (as in, I let him outside) and he keeps coming back. Probably all the food, attention, and freedom from being eaten by coyotes. I'm such an evil person.

Laughing about BSE getting vandalized?

Good to see they are keeping it classy as always.