The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by pony4me View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of protest on Sunday? How did that go?
    Pony - there's a protest EVERY Sunday - and Saturday, and sometimes Wednesday evenings

Here's an average protest, there are more in their albums. Don't bother commenting, they'll just boot you:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9020446&type=3
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    While I am of the same opinion as thedrafthorse here, just think of the money we will have to spend in court knocking it down. Even if we get an anti-animal rights group to help us or maybe even do pro-bono, it still will drain the hell out of us, and they know it.

Not to mention the very real damage they are doing to our brand with LIES every single day leading up to the court challenge...

PS - and yes, I know they are reading. I'm not saying anything they don't already know.
    There is a group of lawyers who operate pro bono out of Washington D.C. They have defeated HSUS before and they have been looking at select illegal seizure and rescure issues HOWEVER they are also very interested in situations such as this...they can see the wizard behind the curtain pulling the strings.

They love to tackle bullies. Depending on what happens you might want to be in touch with them..I will take a P.M. from you as I do not want to put their name out so this mini group can start to harrass them...I like watching these FARTS take the shot to the stomach which winds them...especially as these lawyers are at the top of their game...and they HATE bullies.

I think every REAL horse person who goes to NYC should make a sign that says something along the lines of them being a real horse person, so they have a clue about horse care and they support the carriage horse drivers.

I am laughing at the puffy ankles means the horse is in pain....sigh.
    Oh and photos of sweat around their tack. Clearly I should not be allowed to work either because I too sweat.

Wow. You've all been busy this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    But the problem is the constitutional challenge will take a while to go through...in the mean time the loonietoones run roughshot over people...

Oh, absolutely. I'm sorry if I was too flip in my response - it wouldn't be easy or cheap.
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarnRules View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I'm sorry if I was too flip in my response - it wouldn't be easy or cheap.
    Oh, you were not flip.
    I just figured I point ut the problem with letting bad law being made. It is far easier to keep it off the books than t get it removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I think every REAL horse person who goes to NYC should make a sign that says something along the lines of them being a real horse person, so they have a clue about horse care and they support the carriage horse drivers.

I am laughing at the puffy ankles means the horse is in pain....sigh.
    Oh and photos of sweat around their tack. Clearly I should not be allowed to work either because I too sweat.
    Of course, we would *love* NYC-bound COTHers to do this!

As for the 'puffy ankles' - I know that horse, what she is looking at is a shearing job that is growing out

Here is this past weekend's photos - can you find the 'cruelty' in the first pic they are talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    We should be able to nick name her sparky after her ears break into flame after reading this next tid bit

Off the phone with my cousin..a retired senior partner in a prominent legal firm..still an advisor

As he has always told me...ONLY a C & D from a law firm should be taken seriously. He couldn't be bothered to come onto the forum site however I did read him the gest and he stated the following.. "Since it is ALLEDGED that she is an employee of the city of N Y or a division there could be a conflict of interest...therefore he would not be surprised if the union OR anyone served with any legal C & D instructed their lawyer to petition the city for ALL computers in that division. This is done on a regular basis and it has devastating results as cities have ongoing IT changes in computers..removing hard drives etc...if they are served with a petition for discovery..they MUST provide all computers to the satisfaction of the defence. Usual cost to a city for a "small" legal request is around $100,000 minimum. It would appear that IF she is an employee there could be a major conflict of interest--courts don't like to see this especially when there is an appearance that a city is allowing harrassment of a small family oriented business...either providing a service for or owned by.

As for their attempts to state what can happen to any horse sold, retired or given away...NOPE...they do not have the power within a civic court to pass an underground law. That one has already been challenged via Parisio vs U. of Davis
    Fairfax - I cannot believe you called your cousin for us.

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    Of course, we would *love* NYC-bound COTHers to do this!

As for the 'puffy ankles' - I know that horse, what she is looking at is a shearing job that is growing out

Here is this past weekend's photos - can you find the 'cruelty' in the first pic they are talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Lemme see...it's either the horse resting a hind leg OR the horse is standing not quite straight. The front legs are in a manhole...and the driver doesn't care??
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

I can not even guess what they are calling cruelty in the first photo.....

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I can not even guess what they are calling cruelty in the first photo.....

Maybe that the horse is not running free in some western range, free to be wormy, mangey and chased and eventually brought down and eaten alive by wolves and mountain lions, but a slave of humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Maybe that the horse is not running free in some western range, free to be wormy, mangey and chased and eventually brought down and eaten alive by wolves and mountain lions, but a slave of humans?
    <dingdingding!>

We have a WINNAH!

:::hands Bluey her cigar:::

EDIT: For proof of win: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by michaleenflynn; Jul. 31, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Lemme see...it's either the horse resting a hind leg OR the horse is standing not quite straight. The front legs are in a manhole...and the driver doesn't care??
    That's not a manhole. It just looks like a dark area or stain on pavement.

And I'm sure you saw this (all spelling mistakes are on the page):

From CHC yesterday (https://www.facebook.com/CarriageHorseCruelty):

BAN THE NYC CARRIAGE HORSE RIDES

Take a look at this short compilation of photos from the Win Animal Rights (WAR) Carriage Horse Cruelty Campaign. This will give you some idea of what we are fighting for. The cruel and inhumane carriage horse trade needs to be banned in NYC. Please don't take a carriage horse ride and encourage others to boycott it as well. WAR wishes to thank the very talented Donna Sullivan who created this video for the Carriage Horse Cruelty Campaign. Thanks Donna!

With these comments:

Very well done -wish you could get it out to the main stream media. The only way this will change is if someone was In the carriage with their rug rats and one of the kids gets thrown and killed. Then MAYBE something would be done because a human suffered. This makes me furious. Savannah is just as bad.

PLEASE STOP THIS CRUELTY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!! JUST BECAUSE YOUR A TOURIST, DON'T RIDE THESE CARRIAGES, THE HORSES ARE FORCED TO WALK ON HOT PAVEMENT OR CONCRTE FOR HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK, AND WHEN THEY BREAK DOWN, THEIR OWNERS GET RID OF THEM ANYWAY THEY CAN INCLUDING SELLING FOR DISGUSTING HORSEMEAT!!!!! PLEASE HAVE A HEART!!!! BLESS YOU

Romantic Carriage Ride????? I think NOT. Think people.

Beverly Martin Be like Asia - let a human pull you in a rickshaw!

please think about the horses.

BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

And remember ,folks, It's perfectly acceptable to jeer the passengers in these contraptions.

Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Ban the nonbeleiver!

BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnn-N!

Quote Originally Posted by AlterNetReality View Post
    Ban the nonbeleiver!

BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnn-N!

I'm sure you're acquainted with Charlie the Unicorn? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Pa_gngEyM

I'm sure you're acquainted with Charlie the Unicorn? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Pa_gngEyM
    hahahahahaha, with that statement, you have to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Like poor Zombie Horse Charlie(Grains feed me more Graaaaaains) E.Forel keeps trying to resurrect this page. https://www.facebook.com/WhatWillHap...eCarriageHorse

She even points out and qualifies nicely their intent ;

"What it does say is that if you work in the trade, the section of law about "humane disposition" has been expanded and will REQUIRE that you sell or give your horse to a sanctuary or good home (defined.)"

Since when is it legal or constitutional that you be REQUIRED to give away or sell your property. We are not talking about animal neglect cases being remanded to protective custody ..we are talking about law abiding horse owners that a small group of people are attempting to force them to give up their horses.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

It is just not right. People shoudl not have to give up their healthy, well cared for horses just because someone else doesn't like what they do.

Should I give up my saddlebreds and Morgans because someone doesn't like that we use a weymouth bridle?

These carriage horses are working horses, they are well adjusted to their surroundings, they are cared for, they do get their "vacations" out of the city. They are even used to the sound of the protesters screaming and chanting and waving signs.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

2 members found this post helpful.