The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Clinicians

Any suggestions for the BEST clinicians you have experienced? I am looking to hire one for a clinic (event derby) next may....curious about ralph hill, denny emerson, becky holder, bonnie mosser - would love any of them, just seeking your advice/experiences - it's a smaller venue, but would be well attended...

Love, love, love, love LOVED jimmy wofford. Very understanding/understandable with a great eye!
    ~Over or Through~

A Blog of Percy's Journey!

I've heard great things about Sinead Halpin. A friend of mine went to one of her clinics and had a BLAST. She said it was well worth it. Everyone got equal attention, the exercises were very fun and productive and something she would definitely do again if she had the opportunity. Maybe a possible name to add to your list?

Sally Cousins, Jimmy Wofford, Lucinda Green, Torrance Watkins, Michael Page are my most favorites.

Next May? Watch out for Rolex and Badders timing-competitors might not be wanting to travel far from home...
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Denny is great so my mom says as with everyone who rode at the clinics he did at our barn when I was really little. He is tough and he isn't going to put up with people not listening to him but other than that he is really awesome.

Stephen Bradley is excellent!

Eric Smiley - he is in the States in May and November to teach clinic from East to West

Stephen, Lucinda, Torrance, Jimmy, Sally and Michael Page. All of them are so experienced that they deal well with anything that pops up in the clinic. They have an extended "toolbox" of fix its. they all have excellent and correct basics so they don't have you shortcut that will cause a problem down the road.

Just make sure you don't forget to wear a belt when you ride with Michael Page.

I have cliniced with JW, Phillip Dutton, and Lucinda. But by far the person I ALWAYS get the most from is Robin Walker.
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO - you're on course!

Thumbs up

Worked, with Ralph Hill, over the years. I found him very intuitive in dealing with both rider and horse. He knew when and how to push you on as well as how to explain what was needed.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

There have been quite a few threads on this in the past - might be helpful to do a search to get some great detailed, first-hand accounts

I've ridden with JW, Lucinda Green, and Ian Stark and thought all were wonderful... would attend a clinic with any of them in a heartbeat! As for non-eventing people to clinic with, I will as usual toss Greg Best's name into the hat
    “They were not sitting backwards on their horses,” he said with a sly smile. “But they had no dressage preparation..." - Bert de Nemethy