The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best sports bra for larger "girls"

Looking for a controlling sports bra for my DD's!! ;-). Need to considerably minimize the "upstairs" bouncing!!!
    Thanks for your suggestions!

There was a recent Dressage thread on this. Lots of discussion over there on this.

enell is the only bra that's ever worked for my 34 H's my bf calls it my pink armor
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

Enell. It's not pretty but it WORKS.

Enell, AKA "Last Resort Bra" at Title Nine.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

I'm going to have to repeat the Enell love. It can be very tight - I need help putting mine on sometimes (but my boyfriend doesn't mind at all, naturally) - but I find the pressure comforting, as it now helps me breathe deeper/more regularly. Shock Absorber has some nice bras, but I don't like the construction of mine (seams on the shoulder dig into my skin).

Enell here too...

Enell says 32G here. I have video of my riding on my website you can watch for boob bounce. I'm always in an enell
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I'm another Enell wearer. (I actually layer mine with a regular bra. I don't know if it actually makes a difference but it makes me feel better)
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Title Nine (Bounce) has a bunch of bras available.... I have the Enell and the Three Reasons which is the Moving Comfort 'Fiona'.... both work great... Fiona is way, way, way more comfortable.
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

Default Moving Comfort

I am 36DD and I love Moving Comfort Bras. The Maia is my favorite because it does not give me uniboob! I used to have an Enell but I had the hardest time fastening all of the hooks!

Betsy

Ok, you Moving Comfort wearers...I have looked at those but haven't found a store to try them in. Do they offer the same level of bounce prevention as the Enells? (Be honest now, b/c I like that I do NOT move in the Enell ) MC's are sure better looking, but do they support as well?

I wear a regular bra under my Ennell so that I don't have uniboob. I wish the E came with an underwire.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Similar size, and I wear an Enell for competitions.

But for everyday (don't change bras from work to riding) I wear the Shock Absorber N109, with a Target spandex camisole. Not as imobile as the Enell, but stable enough to be comfortable for extended sitting trot.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by Herefordgirl View Post
    I am 36DD and I love Moving Comfort Bras. The Maia is my favorite because it does not give me uniboob!
    My FAVE sports bra.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Quote Originally Posted by TBKate View Post
    Ok, you Moving Comfort wearers...I have looked at those but haven't found a store to try them in. Do they offer the same level of bounce prevention as the Enells? (Be honest now, b/c I like that I do NOT move in the Enell ) MC's are sure better looking, but do they support as well?
    I have not tried the Enell, but I'm pretty sure the Moving Comfort is not as bounceproof as the Enell is.

Maia bras (certain colors) are on sale this week, plus free shipping- just got the email: http://www.movingcomfort.com/

Another vote for moving comfort bra's. I like the fiona and the maia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    Another vote for moving comfort bra's. I like the fiona and the maia.
    I wear the Fiona for everyday. It definitely minimizes bounce - my girls sit the trot with me. Very comfortable for everyday wear, but yes they do give a uniboob. I saw them at Dicks the other day in lots of colors, too.

I also have Maia for under show clothes so I have two instead of one. When you combine two boobs this size into one, it can frighten small children.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

I wear the Moving Comfort bras and they absolutely keep my 40DD girls from moving, no matter what. They are real workhorses (pun intended).

My only complaint is that they are somewhat high cut. Not that I'm wearing very low-cut shirts to ride, but sometimes I feel as if the MC bra is weighing heavily right on my chest. It comes up almost to the bottom of my throat. I'm definitely pleased with them, though, but I'm going to look for something slightly lower cut.

I should mention that I have the Jubralee style bra.
    Last edited by AndreaS; Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Forgot some info