The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks for the update!! He is ver nice!! I cannot wait to see the pics of the foal!! Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    I expect to see foal pics in '14
    All things going well, there will be foal pics this time next year - Molly has a hot date with the vet / AI in early Jan. I am so excited! I met Appleton DHU and his progeny and did I mention how much I am in love? WOW

Pregnancy jingles please - Molly was inseminated on 16 Jan. Will scan 4 Feb. Apologies if I'm 'spamming', just very excited!

I am looking forward to pictures as well ! Glad you found your "right guy".

Just came upon this thread. What a lovely mare, and I look forward to see the foal pics eventually. I really like the pics of the Andy/tb cross individuals you posted as well. Good luck with the scan!

Disclaimer: I am not in any way, shape, or form knowledgable about breeding.

However, I have a 4 year old jumper-in-training out of a gorgeous TB X Dutch WB mare and by a Dutch WB stallion- it is an excellent cross, although I admit it is hard to see the TB when you look at my boy. Half TB will give you a bit more of a motor for eventing, I would think, along with the work ethic of the TB, the Golden Retriever-ness of the Dutch, and the athletic ability of both. Good luck and have fun!
    You can take a line and say it isn't straight- but that won't change its shape. Jets to Brazil

It turns out that my mare doesn't like AI and after three goes, hasn't taken. The silver lining is the option on a 2 yr old (born 1 Jan '11) that is by Appleton (pics and website link posted previously) out of a TB mare. Most of the North Island of New Zealand has been suffering from a drought so please do not judge her condition. I've seen horses lose condition in a week

The filly arrived (at my parents) on Good Friday and I visited her by flashlight that night. I went up again on Monday and lunged her (with a bridle on for the first time) and then washed her.

She has a huge overtrack, a floating trot and a rhymical canter. I'm not looking for something to go to the Olympics on, just something that moves well, is sensible and safe.

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/Ky...03420.jpg.html

Sorry to read that your mare didn't take. If you ever decide to try again you might consider putting her on regumate about 48 hours after insemination and leaving her on it for 90 days. Worked for my TB mares that wouldn't catch.

Enjoy your new filly! Post pics as she progresses.

How is this for a difference (just short of 4 months since she arrived)
    http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...Gnz/200713.jpg

She looks great!

How are you getting on with her? Is she the sweetheart that she looks to be in the photo? I know looks can be deceiving..

She isn't as cuddly as other horses I have had, but think that will come with time. She is very sensible, but does have a bit of spunk to her. So far she has been more amenable than my partbred Andalusian I think I am going to have a lot of fun with her

1 members found this post helpful.

you have some stunning mares! they all look well bred, well trained and happy. good luck with your new girl - she looks really atheltic and i am sure you will have tons of fun with her.

the scenery in your pics is amazing!

Man I missed all your updates! Your new filly looks to be a lovely type. I too, look forward to updates.

What did you do with that gorgeous TB mare that didn't take? She is stunning.