The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

my best to you
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Flat with caliche dirt, Aluminum fencing and desert mountains in the background. But we love the desert. That is some getup there on your back. Your horse is such a saint to help you get better.

Best of luck, Cactuskate. Not taking things for granted is SO important. Within the past six months, not one but BOTH of my parents were diagnosed with different cancers (is there something in the air in NY or what????). Amazingly enough, they are both doing well now. It certainly makes you look at things differently! Anyway, they both had the same great attitude as you and I have no doubt that you'll pull through just fine!

Keep us updated and I really hope you're feeling fine again soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wow, Cactuskate. Thank you for sharing your strength, attitude, grace and warmth. Hopefully, we can give back to you a small piece of what you've shared with us. Big {{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}} to you, your wonderful husband, and saintly Bud.

My sister, who had brain cancer, had THE cutest hats imaginable! She had one wig, which she rarely wore. She was an incredible human being and I miss her dreadfully.

My father and stepmother have both had mastectomies and they are both doing very well. My stepmother's was quite recently, so she'll be starting chemo here shortly.

I HATE HATE HATE cancer. But, I have to say, that the people who I've known well who have had it have been so incredibly strong. Thank you for adding to their inspiration and for that "kick in the pants" re living today to the fullest.

Take care and keep up updated as you can.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Cactuskate, thank you for sharing with us. You are REMARKABLE. Unbelievable.

May I have half the courage in my thankfully healthy life that you are showing in your currently challenging life! You are WONDERFUL! I will add you to my "to pray for" list.

Cactuskate,

I am new to the BB this year, but I want to say that I hope you keep kicking butt! You are an inspiration! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- Sarah

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Feb. 06, 2002 at 04:09 PM.]

Cactus: we don't "know" each other but I read your post and you are one strong woman! Horses are the best therapy for whatever ails you. Your horse is gorgeous and he looks like he is proud to take care of you.

Keep a strong positive outlook, things will get better. I admire your strength and determination to "make it work" and to soak up every second of life. Your will to not give up will take you very very far. Believe me, it will. You are blessed to have a good husband too. All in all you have what most people can only dream of!\

God bless and keep us posted on your rides, etc!

you are my hero, I'm inspired by your strength [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It is truly great to hear from you, keep up the great attitude and keep doing what you love!

<Post tie-back Surgery: 23 days until he can neigh and be turned out>
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

So so sorry to hear your news, but so proud of the way you are dealing with it! You and Bud look great together in your picture.

As bumpkin said, I had been thinking of you, and will email you privately later today.

Take care, my friend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Cactuskate, I am sending good thoughts your way.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

Adding my prayers to the list Cactuskate!

You are so brave and strong, and Bud is so fabulous for taking care of you. I know that more than anything in my world, Mickey is my inspiration and my joy, and I see that your husband and Bud are your passions, too. Horses are amzaing creatures (as are husbands sometimes), and you are very lucky to have them taking care of you.

Lots of curb jingling for you - I think you look great in the saddle with your rocket pack on, but I will jingle my curb so that you can heal and do without it!

"It's amazing how there's no time to do it right the first time but always time to do it over again."
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

I am so sorry! But I am glad to hear you are in good spirits and Bud is helping you through. I noticed you were strangely absent but thought maybe we were just boring you too much, here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You will be glad to hear that Grace won 3 classes at an "A" show last week! They love her!

Please keep us updated and let us know what we can do for you!

Hugs and Kisses,
    Rory

To Cactuskate, LordHelpUs and ReginaPony, you each are an inspiration to me. I will pray for each of your recovered health. My God bless you and know that you are in my prayers.

{{{{{{{{{A Huge Texas Hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Get Well Soon!

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS
    SueCoo & the Redhead (a/k/a \"Atlanta\")
    Life without horses is possible, but pointless......
    http://community.webshots.com/user/suecoo100

Fantastic picture! You and Bud look lovely, even with the rocket gear.

I'm so sorry. I'm so so very sorry that this would happen. You are just one of the nicest people I've met in years, and I have so valued our friendship. You go girl, you kick this in the ass!

If love and prayers can make a person well, you will be sparkling very soon. We love you and we are all sending you every possible good wish.

Please give an extra special kiss to Bud as well. Bud sending good wishes to Chino helped Bullet, who is now much much better. Willem has, in that same vein, turned his nose up at cancer for you (photo attached).

hang in there, and let me know if you need anything. Like if you need help over a weekend or whatever. I'll be on the next plane.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I am awed and inspired by your amazing strength, and I wish you all the best. Your positive outlook and determination to make every day count is so impressive- we should all borrow that page from your book. I'm so glad you have a great husband and a wonderful horse to be with you through this tough time....like the rest of our BB family, I send you tons of {{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and my curb chain is jangling for you, Pam, and everyone else out there who needs it!

*Formerly known as Seabiscuit*

Your courage is amazing and if guts mean anything you'll emerge unscathed on the other side of this fight.

I don't have a curb chain but I'm sending out the very strongest get well vibes that I can.

Handsome woman, beautiful horse, wonderful engineering on the rocket pack! You are an inspiration to us all.

Running out to buy a curb chain, will jingle everything else in the mean time.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Cactuskate, I too send my best wishes. You, along with Lord Helpus and ReginaPony, have demonstrated great strength in the face of adversity.

Give your supportive husband and Bud a smile and a nice pat for being so helpful to you. Who'd believe Bud would just settle into the new equipment being lifted onto his back? It's amazing how you figured out a new and innovative way to cart the oxygen around while riding.

{{{{{{{{{Lots of Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi