The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Am I missing something......How can anyone think there is no difference in quality between A, B, & C Shows? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Am I missing something......How can anyone think there is no difference in quality between A, B, & C Shows? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

You come across as a very snobby person.

There are C shows out there that make as great an effort to run nice shows as the AA show managers.

There are nice AA shows held at the same facilities, run by the same people the weekend after a nice C show. Same jumps, footing, show crew, judges......

There are some really nice local shows out there. What are you complaining for? If you don't like going to the B and C shows.....don't. But don't condemn them.

AGAIN YOU ARE DEVIATING FROM THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD....

I show at all shows, no matter what the rating...However whether the is local or not, the rating makes a difference! All I am asking is how someone like yourself, for instance, can not see a DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY in shows that carry a higher rating.
    Call me a snob then....

Plot Twist, call me a snob too. I show at all different rated shows and there is certainly a big difference between the C and A rated shows.
    I'm too am an Adult and parent with outside obligations. When paying all this money we should get good quality and good service.
    And by the way Plot Twist, I have a zone champion too. . But, I don't keep him in my backyard. This doesn't mean a thing. Who is the real snob here?

There is definatly a big difference between A and C! If someone cant see that then they must be living in a little shell when they go to A shows!

Marion
    *Gregor* *Amalia*

I wasn't deviating from the thread.

"How can anyone think there is no difference in quality...."

I think sometimes there's no difference in quality, but I'm fortunate to have some very nice shows to compete at.

Sometimes there is a difference between AA and C shows, and sometimes there's not much of a difference.

I can only state from my personal experience and it is my opinion.

Unfortnutately, what I got from your first post, was a bit of a set up as to say all C shows are poorer in quality. I'm sure you can think of some nice C rated shows out there.

I want to be clear....I cannot understand how a C rated show, and I agree there are some nice ones out there, can anyone EVEN compare to an AA show in quality....That is my question!
    Anyway, they both have different USEQ standards to adhere to! And if you want real quality, attend a WCHF Horse Show, which are all AA rated....

What's a WCHF Horse Show?

WCHR= World Championship Hunter Rider, a wonderful organization that holds amazing equestrian events like the LEGACY CUP.

i think at A shows you get more AHSA or statewide points than at C shows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Spring Break*
    *Simon*
    *Homie S*

I agree that there may be some differences between A and C shows. I'm just wondering what you think makes the quality of an A shows higher then a C show? Especially if they are held at the same facility and managed by the same people.

Thanks.

i also think that in C shows the competition is a tad bit lower, and the prices are way cheaper [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Spring Break*
    *Simon*
    *Homie S*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RzB:
    I agree that there may be some differences between A and C shows. I'm just wondering what you think makes the quality of an A shows higher then a C show? Especially if they are held at the same facility and managed by the same people.

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am wondering the same thing. Here there are B shows put on by the same people as the AA shows, and the only difference is the number of competitors and upper level jumper classes they offer. Other than that, the facility, staff, etc are the same. I've even been to a C show at Blenheim/The Oaks that is run exactly like an A show (and the classes even cost the same)...the only difference is the rating and the number of competitors.

I think the differences between shows have a lot more to do with the facility and the management than the rating.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

I think it really comes down to the individual show and the individual management - regardless of the rating.

There are some AA shows in Zone 2 that don't even begin to hold a candle to some of the other AA shows in zone 2 - HUGE discrepancy.

And, it is our responsibility as exhibitors, to fill out the evaluation forms and send them to the Federation - they need to know about this!

It's OUT! Linda Allen's 101 Exercises for Jumping co-authored by MOI!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Bells:
    WCHR= World Championship Hunter Rider, a wonderful organization that holds amazing equestrian events like the LEGACY CUP.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the whole WCHR thing, I think its great for the hunters. However, (other than Legacy Cup) they don't have their own special shows. Out here they put up a banner, score the hunters, and you have to deal with the BEST hunters over here instead of just the nice ones. Sometimes the Oaks tries to make it nicer by putting the hunters on the grass. I don't see how you can say that just because its a WCHR show its nicer though. They certainly don't make Indio "nicer" for the two weeks that it is WCHR also. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder
    "You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch."
    \"Don\'t take life too seriously, you\'ll never get out alive.\" - Van Wilder
    \"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can\'t wipe your friends on the couch.\"

I don't really understand where your question came from, who said that there wasn't a difference between AA shows and C show??? Did I miss something??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, there is definitly a difference in the quality of horses/riders at bigger AA shows. I also think some local circuits have great C shows and some people even chose to do both, but as a whole the horses at the bigger shows are going to be nicer and the riders are PROBABLY more experienced (i.e. at a lot of C shows they don't go past 3' in the hunters)

So ummm... does that answer the question??

**Kelsey**
    &
    **Notoriety**
    **Plus Tax**
    **Clearly Canadian**
    **Pavielle**
    **Angel Face**

http://community.webshots.com/user/jrhntrpavi

I will see the same faces at some A shows in the Adults as I do at some C shows. I'm in MD, and showed at PG (2 A shows) Mcdonough (an A, a B), Daddy Long Legs (most Bs, 1 A) Heritage and Halcyon (mostly Bs, some As) and Columbia (1 A, 1C) and saw many of the same faces. You can see that the same facility with the same management will hold A, B and C shows. The courses don't really seem to be more difficult, and the only discernable difference is that the C shows have less floral decorations on the jumps. Now, I can only speak for the Aduls Ams in the MD/Pa area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Bells:
    I want to be clear....I cannot understand how a C rated show, and I agree there are some nice ones out there, can anyone EVEN compare to an AA show in quality....That is my question!
    Anyway, they both have different USEQ standards to adhere to! And if you want real quality, attend a WCHF Horse Show, which are all AA rated....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to show at exclusively C shows because of financial constraints. Well, pretty much anyway. And I CAN say that the footing, jumps, judging, and organization was infinitely better at those C shows than the few A shows I attended.

Yes, there are rule differences, and point differences, and such. But that is not a difference in "quality" as far as I'm concerned. "Quality" to me means organization- can I show easily, while having fun? Are the facilities such that my horse is safe? Will the pictures look good? And of course I have been to many C shows where the competition was as tight as anything at A shows, especially in the bigger Eq divisions and jumpers (though usually they only did ammys and such).

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I used to show at a C circuit that was run better then the few A shows I did, had better footing, equally nice jumps, great judges (that was the most important thing to me), better organized, etc. And the competition was just as tough, especially in the hunters. I really liked showing there.
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I